Search the forum,

Discuss Does pipe direction on system matter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
amptec-installation-manual.pdf

Installing 2 amptec electric boilers and have installed with increased pipe work as instructed. But do i need to install the flow coming from one direction and the return coming from the opposite. In the following link on page 9 it suggests that the flow and return come in from separate sides. https://www.heatraesadia.com/-/medi...lation-manuals/amptec-installation-manual.pdf

Is this essential to ensure equal flow through both boilers or am i ok to have the flow and return coming from the same side/direction with larger sized pipe work on both flow and return before getting to the boiler?

Thanks in advance

outlet = flow

inlet = return

and yes they need to installed like page 9

As above the flow needs to be off the top with the pump and the return back in the bottom connection, pipework needs to be as the manufacturing instructions . cheers kop

Ok so i am now changing the pipe work so the flow goes right and the return comes left. I understand why the need for bigger pipe to accomodate two boilers but i cant see why the direction matters. If anyone has a decent explanation id be really grateful, i hate not understanding the logic behind it

Ok so i am now changing the pipe work so the flow goes right and the return comes left. I understand why the need for bigger pipe to accomodate two boilers but i cant see why the direction matters. If anyone has a decent explanation id be really grateful, i hate not understanding the logic behind it

Because manufacturer says so

Does not matter about pipework direction left or right that's determined by which wall it's fitted to in the room , so long as the flow to your radiators and cylinder is off the top connection with the pump and the returns come back to the bottom connection go by the diagram and you will be right . Kop

The drawing shows that setup so that there is equal distance between the inlet and out of the boilers.

Left to right:
Left-largest return pipe - smallest outlet pipe
Middle
Right-smallest return pipe - largest outlet pipe.
Its trying to provide a basic balancing of the water flow through the boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does pipe direction on system matter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock