Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone........... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

Hi lads,

I am wondering if anyone of you installs a filling loop underneath the boiler ? If so, what kind of filling loop are you using?

I am thinking of installing something like this as it won’t contaminate the drink8ng water at all because it’s totally separate.

Heating system filling stations - Gebr. Kemper GmbH + Co. KG

Not required also hope they don't have a leak

Right, for me personally isn’t over the top but that’s just my point of view
Don't be offended by the Over The Top comment.
I know of one on a church system near me and to be fair I thought it made sense.
The only thing I don't like about things being set to autofill is that it is not apparent when there is a leak.
I have installed 4" Honeywell Backflow prevention devices very similar to that and they are very good. I just don't personally agree with the use of them on Heating systems.

May not be required but we are way behind the rest of Europe due to our WRAS

Correct but a constant fill is against wasteful water regs as you will know

Correct but a constant fill is against wasteful water regs as you will know
How does this constant fill ? It just acts as a filling loop but keeps the systems separate. There is no chance of backflow. It’s good quality in my opinion and should be installed ... perhaps a little less pricy

How does this constant fill ? It just acts as a filling loop but keeps the systems separate. There is no chance of backflow. It’s good quality in my opinion and should be installed . perhaps a little less pricy

its designed to, thats where this and a pressurisation unit differ the pr unit has a sensor that stops the unit if it fills over a pre set time and some even sound an alarm

on a standard house / property you only need a double check valve as its classed as a cat 3 risk

but commercially its a cat 4 risk hence the rpz valve and pi

Ok on commercial ron but usually built in on most domestic boilers now mate , but you a free to fit anything you think is needed . regards kop

Remember the RPZ also has to be certified annually too! Not cheap last time I looked...

Its an auto fill valve with an air gap built in. commercial use mostly

Time for a water regs course ron

We use automatic fill valves on all systems over here.
They do require a dual check valve installed upstream of them.

As for - if you have a leak - well the system will keep re-filling and cause more damage.

As far as I am concerned, the damage would be the same as cold or hot water supply leaking.
Most systems are installed so as not to leak.

Alright, so you just use stuff like this on commercial systems but not domestics?! We use them on both and it has to be installed.

That's an expensive piece of kit to have to fit to every installation. I may have been ripped off but the last RPZ valve I had to buy cost over £200! A bit expensive for a filling loop when a double check valve is all that's required by our regs (and a disconnectable hose linking the systems).

Its an auto fill valve with an air gap built in. commercial use mostly

An RPZ valve alone can't work as an auto fill valve though, right? If it can is it set to only let water through from the mains if the pressure down stream drops below a set point?

I was under the impression that it was just a fancy verifiable check valve with a dump valve that opens in case of loss of mains pressure protecting the mains supply?

Maybe there is more to them than I understand?

An RPZ valve alone can't work as an auto fill valve though, right? If it can is it set to only let water through from the mains if the pressure down stream drops below a set point?

I was under the impression that it was just a fancy verifiable check valve with a dump valve that opens in case of loss of mains pressure protecting the mains supply?

Maybe there is more to them than I understand?

The one in the link has a pressure reducing valve also

Time for a water regs course ron
You like mocking me off all the time ? Does it give you a certain pleasure? It ain’t easy in a second language. If you want you can try a little german :)

Everything will come with time, no one fell from the sky and knew plumbing inside out. Let me tell you, you do mistakes too but perhaps you won’t mention them on here. None is flawless, as long as I am willing to learn and open for knew things I will be a decent plumber :) trust me

You like mocking me off all the time ? Does it give you a certain pleasure? It ain’t easy in a second language. If you want you can try a little german :)

Everything will come with time, no one fell from the sky and knew plumbing inside out. Let me tell you, you do mistakes too but perhaps you won’t mention them on here. None is flawless, as long as I am willing to learn and open for knew things I will be a decent plumber :) trust me
Don’t take it to heart Ron. We are all human.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does anyone........... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock