Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone wonder what the point is? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Are the answers we give appreciated?

You give advice based on the knowledge and experience gained over many years of hard work.

Knowledge that is extremely valuable.

Knowledge you cannot buy.

Just out of curiosity, what do you get out of it?

• Winner
Reactions: rpm
Yes and no

You can't help everyone and get appreciated, some people just think there right and you don't know what your talking about

Are the answers we give appreciated?

You give advice based on the knowledge and experience gained over many years of hard work.

Knowledge that is extremely valuable.

Knowledge you cannot buy.

Just out of curiosity, what do you get out of it?
Sometimes & sometimes not.
Correct.
Correct.
Correct unless you cross my palm with gold.:D
Satisfaction in helping without giving the tricks away.

I like to think I am a “team player” and will help anybody , but I like to see people use “manners” so if theres no “thank you” returned, I am out .
Fortunately most do .

Learning from people with experience is what makes me a better engineer, and it can save a lot of time in rectifying problems. So from me a big thank you to all the experienced people who post replies to help people with plumbing/ heating problems. Much appreciated.

Since I moved into the education side of plumbing I appreciate at least keeping an eye on what is going on "out there." I still do some maintenance work and the odd install but it's really helpful to keep up a little with new products, methods, techniques or fixes.

I naturally enjoy helping people solve problem where I can.

Not so much on this forum because I'm not a plumber but I get enjoyment from helping other people who are less knowledgeable. I also usually end up learning as much as I teach if it's in a place with like-minded people. Plus I hate people who have knowledge and think they own it or control it and refuse to share it because of their own petty insecurities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does anyone wonder what the point is? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I can't get the glass tube out. There's no maker's marks on the filter. It's at least 10 years old, and the UV bulb is 33" long - that's all I know about it. In all of the videos online, there's a bit you unscrew from the bottom. There's nothing to unscrew on the bottom of this one. It's not...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
DIY air conditioning system. I've got lots of plumbing experience and want to install my own a/c split system 3 to 1. I intend having it commissioned by an F Gas qualified company. When l tried to buy the system the supplier want all details of the F Gas registered 'installer' before releasing...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current boiler is on an external kitchen wall with the flue going straight out. However, it's positioned in between a door and the kitchen window, quite close...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator with a more mundane type 22 panel radiator. The problem is that the new radiator sort of worked in the beginning, but it does not emit any heat now...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock