Search the forum,

Discuss Does a business NEED a commercial boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My business currently has a boiler that is 30 years old and way too powerful for what is needed. 45kw driving noting but 11 radiators that will soon be downsized to 7. I want to get rid of it and put an combi in so we can have a hot water tapnin the kitchen instead of the instant hot water tap.

I have been searching/googling and can’t find an answer on a U.K. website. Do I need a commercial gas engineer to install a commercial boiler because I am a business? Or can I just have any gas safe plumber install any 30kw combi?

Thanks everyone!

Depends on the gas supply and what the building / business is

Do you know what size is the meter / take a pic ?

I don’t know what meter type is off the top of my heat but the output is 16m/h. We are a car bodyshop. Building is a 1970s warehouse split into 3 units.

Pics would be great also any gas pipework and the existing boiler

As I sounds like it could go either way atm

That's a grey area, well within what a domestic GSE can fit at normal costs, but if it go's over to the Commercial side could cost him a lot more

if you are a body shop then i presume you have other gas in your workshop ie heaters or a spray boothe. also if the other units are of the same meter it will more than likeley be a U16 which with pipewrok and other boilers will make the insatllation commercial or a U25 which is definately commercial

A commercial business does not necessarily need a commercial boiler but you will need a engineer with the correct commercial gas qualifications to remove the existing one . cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does a business NEED a commercial boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has...
Replies
Views
I've got a non condensing Glowworm Ultimate with gravity tank and hot Water tank in a 4 bed house. 11 radiators 1 double 1400mm length 1 P+ 1400mm length 2 P+ 400mm length 7 singles 400mm 1 mains shower average water pressure Any recommendations on combi boiler and KW? Boiler budget...
Replies
Views
K
My conventional boiler needs to be replaced. One engineer suggested combi with an external pump because water pressure in my flat is low, the other said there's no need for a pump. He even said that if the pump would have a detrimental effect on the boiler. Who is right?
Replies
Views
Hi We are a commercial premises Have been using the same plumber for years and very happy with his work but recently came to light he has a domestic ticket. When questioned he said it was ok as all the boilers he works on are under 70kw? He also says he does not touch the commercial catering...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock