Search the forum,

Discuss Dodgy fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supper plumb

Any one buy bulk bags of end feed fittings?
I find out the say 100 in the about 10/15 are a pain to get on the pipe or just don't fit. Is this normal?
this is from a plumbers merchant but found a really cheap supplyer on eBay now

not really, if you have a problem take them back to merchants and complain!

I find out the say 100 in the about 10/15 are a pain to get on the pipe or just don't fit. Is this normal?

How much on eBay

Iv just payed ÂŁ2.11p for 4 end feed straight couplings 15mm and 5 end feed elbows 15mm from my local plumb base!!!!!

Decent fittings from a decent merchant at a decent price.

That's why Howsie's gone to Williams

How much will you pay for
60 + 15mm couplers
30+ 15mm elbows
10+ 15mm Tees
At your local plumbers merchant??

How much will you pay for
60 + 15mm couplers
30+ 15mm elbows
10+ 15mm Tees
At your local plumbers merchant??

That's not really the point. If you get 10-15% rejects from your bag of 100, the average price of your usable fittings goes up. 10-15% failure rate is horribly high. If you buy from your local plumbers' merchant, they will replace the dodgy ones.

But most importantly, if you buy cheap off the internet, it drives local businesses to closure, which is not a good thing. Worth paying a little bit more to support local small businesses.

i do use my local plumbase all the time as i can see it from the end of the carpark was just seeing if the price on ebay was a good deal or not

If you wrapped less ptfe round the pipe the fitting would slide on a lot easier.

Just wondering if have been roughly handled and bent a bit oval !

Is there tool to get them round again ?

It always gets me why they like to make the majority of fittings in these 'pack/bulk deals' couplings, I'd rather have more elbows than couplings.

You can go through PayPal to get your money back if the fittings was pony dont have independent plumbers murchent round here we got plumb base Graham's Maidstone plumbing screw fix/plumb fix trade point b&q home base

You can go through PayPal to get your money back if the fittings was pony dont have independent plumbers murchent round here we got ♫♫ plumb base Graham's Maidstone plumbing screw fix/plumb fix trade point b&q home base ♫♫

♫♫ ... TROUBLE IN THE SUEZ!! We didn't start the fire, it was always burning since the world's been turnin'!!! ♫♫♫
billy-joel.jpg

It always gets me why they like to make the majority of fittings in these 'pack/bulk deals' couplings, I'd rather have more elbows than plings.

Same here. All these bundles have the fittings I use least..

Not that good ask for 250 fittings at your local supplier,it includes 22mm fittings and its about ÂŁ50

ye a pair of grips for getting fitting round enough to fit over pipe

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my grips some times just to nip up a fitting hold it in place if I'm doing some fiddly joints

Make sure the ones from ebay are legit and not just chinese knock off, there much thinner and they will probably leak after 3 months

Don't you carry stock on the van?
Not at the moment as plumbing isn't my main line of work but things will be changing f soon as I work with a mate I can't take over his van. But I'm starting to stock up on fitting and bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dodgy fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock