Search the forum,

Discuss Do I have to go with maker's approved engineer to keep warranty active? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-year old boiler... will my 7-year warranty be affected if I switch the annual service to a plumber other than the installer? We're looking at another local small-business man who is on the Gas Safe list and 'ticks all the right boxes', but is not on the maker's list.

Your fine aslong as it a manufacturer warrenty

And he's qualified and your boiler gets serviced every year

Make sure you get a service sheet and/or the back of the book filled in.
Cheapest isn't always best!!
Why are you switching?

Benchmark service record usually in the back of the installation manual must be filled in when serviced by the Gas Safe engineer.

He hasn't actually said anything yet, but we suspect our present man may be preparing for retirement, and we want to be prepared :)

Thanks for the reassurance.

You will be fine as long as its serviced every year and it is recorded in the manual . cheers kop

What boiler is it?
Some require parts/more in depth service at certain intervals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do I have to go with maker's approved engineer to keep warranty active? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The problem is, my ideal boiler logic heat h15 keeps on burning (igniting flame icon on) all the time, all day long, regardless of the programmed on off schedule for both heating and hot water. when we have the heating turned off from the thermostat programmer (danfoss tp9000ma-si), i.e frosted...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was replaced in July of this year, otherwise has been running fine. We’ve not had heating/hot water for a month now, and with 2 young kids/unwell missus...
Replies
Views
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point having them empty. I was practically born in that flat but no point being sentimental if I'm not intending to stay in Italy (except as a Brexit...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock