Search the forum,

Discuss Do any Gas Fitters use Part P electrics? Assistance required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
it means to me i have abetter understanding of electrics then what i did before i went in and ill learn

• Applicable Building Regulations
  • Electrical safety legislation, regulations, standards and terminology
  • Enabling you to alter and install electrical circuits in association with your primary task of work.
  • Over-view of BS7671:2008 IEE Wiring regulations (17th Ed.) and on-site guide.
  • Installation of, and alteration of domestic wiring circuits, i.e. sockets, lighting, heating and earthing arrangements.
  • Safe isolation procedures
  • Electrical test procedures
  • Cable and component selection
  • Installation and replacement of electrical components
  • Identifying unsafe electrical situations
  • Building notification forms
  • Special locations
  • New circuit requirements
  • Completion of Electrical Installation Certificate
  • Completion of Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate
[h=3]Qualifications achieved:[/h]Electrics Defined Scope Level 3 Part P B Scope Certificate (BPEC)

How much is it costing Bod. I've been thinking of doing it as i am paying a spark for minor works certs and last months was £900 (i just wrote his cheque out!)

the £600 is just course , i havent looked much into other fees etc further down line, but i see it as once i register etc i know i am reliable enough and will be on site anyway lol .

[SUB]again im lucky enough that the same matre who got me my multi meter just gave me this. just needs calibrating for if i do the pat p course. which is a posibilty am considering as i have a few commercial places where i do gas works so might be able to get some pat p work while were there [/SUB]

Attachments

• IMG_0522[1].jpg
    IMG_0522[1].jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 25
Same carry on as you with him turning up on time. Half the time i've got it wired and he just beeps it and fks off. I might look into it more. Cheers mate.

and then you have to register with a competent persons scheme like napit and be inspected once a year, and buy a multifunction tester etc etc, gets expensive but gotta do it before july cos requirements change

and then you have to register with a competent persons scheme like napit and be inspected once a year, and buy a multifunction tester etc etc, gets expensive but gotta do it before july cos requirements change

That is true but it will be cheaper than 10 grand or so a year for me anyway.

if it was easy and cheap every monkey would be doing it though dancinplumba :)

I don't want to be a spark and a bit paper won't make me one but i can wire heating better than any spark i have ever met.
Problem is i need a bit paper and yet another course to do what i do every day. If i wasn't doing the volume of work i do it wouldn't bother me getting someone in but it is costing too much for stuff i can do myself so i might as well do it.

it means to me i have abetter understanding of electrics then what i did before i went in and ill learn
  • Enabling you to alter and install electrical circuits in association with your primary task of work.
  • Installation of, and alteration of domestic wiring circuits, i.e. sockets, lighting, heating and earthing arrangements.
  • Special locations
Qualifications achieved:

Electrics Defined Scope Level 3 Part P B Scope Certificate (BPEC)
plagiarism my friend,i have both defined and full scope,learn the hard way

• Special locations
Qualifications achieved:

Electrics Defined Scope Level 3 Part P B Scope Certificate (BPEC)
is that straight out of a sales man brief case...

is that straight out of a sales man brief case...

no its off there web site . lol. but i think you may of missed my orignal post desrob

am doing it to improve my knowledge of electrics and further my own devolpment . i dont know everything and dont claim to. i would do the 17th edition if i wanted to be a sparky then again if i wanted to be a sparky i would of sat at the back of the class picking my nose with the rest of them :) :)

no its off there web site . lol. but i think you may of missed my orignal post desrob

am doing it to improve my knowledge of electrics and further my own devolpment . i dont know everything and dont claim to. i would do the 17th edition if i wanted to be a sparky then again if i wanted to be a sparky i would of sat at the back of the class picking my nose with the rest of them :) :)
and i said you have to do the 17th edition to do anything..and i said part p defined full scope call it what you want is nonsense

Incidentally, you dont need cg239-1 for domestic inspection & testing as long as you have part pee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do any Gas Fitters use Part P electrics? Assistance required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock