Search the forum,

Discuss Do any Gas Fitters use Part P electrics? Assistance required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
it means to me i have abetter understanding of electrics then what i did before i went in and ill learn

• Applicable Building Regulations
  • Electrical safety legislation, regulations, standards and terminology
  • Enabling you to alter and install electrical circuits in association with your primary task of work.
  • Over-view of BS7671:2008 IEE Wiring regulations (17th Ed.) and on-site guide.
  • Installation of, and alteration of domestic wiring circuits, i.e. sockets, lighting, heating and earthing arrangements.
  • Safe isolation procedures
  • Electrical test procedures
  • Cable and component selection
  • Installation and replacement of electrical components
  • Identifying unsafe electrical situations
  • Building notification forms
  • Special locations
  • New circuit requirements
  • Completion of Electrical Installation Certificate
  • Completion of Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate
[h=3]Qualifications achieved:[/h]Electrics Defined Scope Level 3 Part P B Scope Certificate (BPEC)

How much is it costing Bod. I've been thinking of doing it as i am paying a spark for minor works certs and last months was £900 (i just wrote his cheque out!)

the £600 is just course , i havent looked much into other fees etc further down line, but i see it as once i register etc i know i am reliable enough and will be on site anyway lol .

[SUB]again im lucky enough that the same matre who got me my multi meter just gave me this. just needs calibrating for if i do the pat p course. which is a posibilty am considering as i have a few commercial places where i do gas works so might be able to get some pat p work while were there [/SUB]

Attachments

• IMG_0522[1].jpg
    IMG_0522[1].jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 25
Same carry on as you with him turning up on time. Half the time i've got it wired and he just beeps it and fks off. I might look into it more. Cheers mate.

and then you have to register with a competent persons scheme like napit and be inspected once a year, and buy a multifunction tester etc etc, gets expensive but gotta do it before july cos requirements change

and then you have to register with a competent persons scheme like napit and be inspected once a year, and buy a multifunction tester etc etc, gets expensive but gotta do it before july cos requirements change

That is true but it will be cheaper than 10 grand or so a year for me anyway.

if it was easy and cheap every monkey would be doing it though dancinplumba :)

I don't want to be a spark and a bit paper won't make me one but i can wire heating better than any spark i have ever met.
Problem is i need a bit paper and yet another course to do what i do every day. If i wasn't doing the volume of work i do it wouldn't bother me getting someone in but it is costing too much for stuff i can do myself so i might as well do it.

it means to me i have abetter understanding of electrics then what i did before i went in and ill learn
  • Enabling you to alter and install electrical circuits in association with your primary task of work.
  • Installation of, and alteration of domestic wiring circuits, i.e. sockets, lighting, heating and earthing arrangements.
  • Special locations
Qualifications achieved:

Electrics Defined Scope Level 3 Part P B Scope Certificate (BPEC)
plagiarism my friend,i have both defined and full scope,learn the hard way

• Special locations
Qualifications achieved:

Electrics Defined Scope Level 3 Part P B Scope Certificate (BPEC)
is that straight out of a sales man brief case...

is that straight out of a sales man brief case...

no its off there web site . lol. but i think you may of missed my orignal post desrob

am doing it to improve my knowledge of electrics and further my own devolpment . i dont know everything and dont claim to. i would do the 17th edition if i wanted to be a sparky then again if i wanted to be a sparky i would of sat at the back of the class picking my nose with the rest of them :) :)

no its off there web site . lol. but i think you may of missed my orignal post desrob

am doing it to improve my knowledge of electrics and further my own devolpment . i dont know everything and dont claim to. i would do the 17th edition if i wanted to be a sparky then again if i wanted to be a sparky i would of sat at the back of the class picking my nose with the rest of them :) :)
and i said you have to do the 17th edition to do anything..and i said part p defined full scope call it what you want is nonsense

Incidentally, you dont need cg239-1 for domestic inspection & testing as long as you have part pee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do any Gas Fitters use Part P electrics? Assistance required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock