Search the forum,

Discuss DIY novice! Sink connection advice please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hatt11

Hi all, I feel defeated as cannot find a simple solution to this problem.

I have installed a new sink in my kitchen, it is 12 bowl with a 90mm opening in the main sink which has taken a standard strainer waste however the 1/2 bowl has a 45mm opening which will only take a basin waste.The problem now is I have a 1 1/2 bowl trap with 2 40mm female fittings. I cant find anywhere a 32mm female to 40 mm male to enable connection to my traps...

Whats my best options?

You need a McAlpine Plastic reducing bush - 11/2" x 11/4" T16

Page 58 Sundry Fittings in main catalogue.

bit of PTFE on the 1 1/4" waste fitting threads screw onto the inner part of the bush & the outer thread can be used to connect your 40mm 1 1/2".

Welcome, hope that helps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY novice! Sink connection advice please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some advice connecting my bowl sink to the waste. There was a Insinkerator installed that I have replaced with basket strainer waste (Viva PP0011). I need to connect the waste but I find myself going around in circles in regards to selecting the correct parts. Thanks FrankW
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hello, Renovating downstairs bathroom, we have changed the layout and I just wanted to confirm if what I want to do is appropriate. I want to avoid any gurgling and siphoning. And there is no pretty/accessible space for me to install AAV (maybe under the sink) so I'd like to try without it but...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm currently doing the pre-planning for my next DIY project fitting a shower tray and enclosure from scratch. I'm confident of being able to do the job but not being a plumber not sure the best way to go about it so would appreciate any advice. The current upstairs room has a black waste...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock