Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss DIY Guide To Installing a Wetroom. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Ermintrude

Ermintrude Plumber GSR

It's tanked the whole room is 1200 high on all walls and shower 1800 floor complete. resin glue between 18mm marine ply and joists, then full coverage of ply face with resin and another 18mm sheet. Impey tray sat on joists with 18mm between joists

2. Ermintrude

Ermintrude Plumber GSR

No. Used a clegg hammer floor dosnt deflect. Under normal use. 6kg hammer came back same as byson pre camber with 75mm structural screed. ( byson spanning 9m - my floor 2.8m) I sealed joint in rest of room with grout but silicone in shower area . It's lasted 6 years

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  3. mutley racers

mutley racers Plumber GSR

Why do you need to put 2 X 18mm wpb? I thought one would be enough. So bal is the tanking kit to use then?

4. Whyme

Whyme Guest

It must have just peeled from the chalky edge of the travitine then. treat the joint edges with that sealer stuff.

5. Whyme

Whyme Guest

He's a big lad..

• Like Like x 1
  6. mutley racers

mutley racers Plumber GSR

That's True

7. Ermintrude

Ermintrude Plumber GSR

Old house expensive coaving below. Roll top shower loo sinks and a pallet of travitene

8. Destroyer2813

Destroyer2813 Plumber GSR

So just use paint on tanking as normal on floors and lip up wall as required

9. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Normal silicone, even good quality will not stick to stone. The curing process it too quick and it then detaches.
    This is the only one I use on stone.
    MAPEI adhesives sealants chemical products for construction

10. Ermintrude

Ermintrude Plumber GSR

That's the crap I used. I bought the buff one.

11. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Normal mappai? Mappai ac, or lm?

12. Ermintrude

Ermintrude Plumber GSR

From poo fix?

13. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

How long between sealing the trav and siliconing the joints?

14. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  15. Ermintrude

Ermintrude Plumber GSR

Ah! Sealed it about 2 weeks before - delay due to holiday !