Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss DIY Guide To Installing a Wetroom. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. cr0ft

cr0ft Trusted Plumber GSR

Hi. Yes and yes. As you are using a ready mixed adhesive you can layer it on thickly. To be honest I put it on the floor last thing at night first to get a rough gradient, let it dry overnight then finish off when laying the tiles. You don't need much of a fall for the water to run back quickly. Does the picture not show the fall? I think it's just the angle it's taken from. There is a pretty substantial fall on the left hand side of the tray as you look at the picture, which is why I needed the extra cut across the tiles as without it the edge of the tile would have been nearly 2 inches off the floor :)

2. plumb_know

plumb_know Plumber GSR

You mentioned earlier a technique of back buttering, what is this? Sorry I am total novice when it comes to tilling

3. tamz

tamz Guest

Spreading adhesive on the back of the tile before fixing.
    Maybe best sub a tiler in if your not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. plumb_know

plumb_know Plumber GSR

I don't do tilling just trying to learn a bit as it's useful to know, when I do my own jobs I will sub a tiler :)

5. Tony Robins

Tony Robins Guest

I've always wanted a wetroom, and now thanks to your guide, I think I shall put one in my new home. Thank you very much. :)

6. brum

brum Plumber

hi there either tank walls floors to get super duper seal improve tiling skills or change grout I always use Bal waterproof grout rec for swimming pools hope this helps mate

7. mutley racers

mutley racers Plumber GSR

Nice thread. I need to quote for a small wet room. How long would you say to prep the floor area and add tray and tank? It is only a 3m X 1m room?

8. Destroyer2813

Destroyer2813 Plumber GSR

Got a wetroom to quote for also downstairs screed floor shower floor area is .75x2000 with a screen would you say tank floor outside shower area as well ?. And what kits best for the floor of matting ?

9. Ermintrude

Ermintrude Plumber GSR

Thoroughly annoyed , used mapi silicone and it's come away from movement joint between travitene in my house and it looks gaff. Any suggestions ?

10. kay-jay

kay-jay Trusted Plumber GSR

Is it not the travetine rather than the silicone at fault? Was the trav oiled or have any treatment on it

• Like Like x 1
  11. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Prob the travetine sealer at fault there ermi.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

I always tank outside the shower. Makes sense whilst your on. Last kit I used was BAL.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Whyme

Whyme Guest

Probably been said previous but use marmox board strong as double the thickness ply. Just adhesive on then screw + tape and paint the joints and screw heads sorted.

14. Ermintrude

Ermintrude Plumber GSR

No trav natural and it was washed. Plus it's a cut edge it's between. Wall to floor.

15. Whyme

Whyme Guest

Is the floor flexing??