Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss DIY Guide To Installing a Wetroom. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. cr0ft

cr0ft Trusted Plumber GSR

Hi. Yes and yes. As you are using a ready mixed adhesive you can layer it on thickly. To be honest I put it on the floor last thing at night first to get a rough gradient, let it dry overnight then finish off when laying the tiles. You don't need much of a fall for the water to run back quickly. Does the picture not show the fall? I think it's just the angle it's taken from. There is a pretty substantial fall on the left hand side of the tray as you look at the picture, which is why I needed the extra cut across the tiles as without it the edge of the tile would have been nearly 2 inches off the floor :)

2. plumb_know

plumb_know Plumber GSR

You mentioned earlier a technique of back buttering, what is this? Sorry I am total novice when it comes to tilling

3. tamz

tamz Guest

Spreading adhesive on the back of the tile before fixing.
    Maybe best sub a tiler in if your not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. plumb_know

plumb_know Plumber GSR

I don't do tilling just trying to learn a bit as it's useful to know, when I do my own jobs I will sub a tiler :)

5. Tony Robins

Tony Robins Guest

I've always wanted a wetroom, and now thanks to your guide, I think I shall put one in my new home. Thank you very much. :)

6. brum

brum Plumber

hi there either tank walls floors to get super duper seal improve tiling skills or change grout I always use Bal waterproof grout rec for swimming pools hope this helps mate

7. mutley racers

mutley racers Plumber GSR

Nice thread. I need to quote for a small wet room. How long would you say to prep the floor area and add tray and tank? It is only a 3m X 1m room?

8. Destroyer2813

Destroyer2813 Plumber GSR

Got a wetroom to quote for also downstairs screed floor shower floor area is .75x2000 with a screen would you say tank floor outside shower area as well ?. And what kits best for the floor of matting ?

9. Ermintrude

Ermintrude Plumber GSR

Thoroughly annoyed , used mapi silicone and it's come away from movement joint between travitene in my house and it looks gaff. Any suggestions ?

10. kay-jay

kay-jay Trusted Plumber GSR

Is it not the travetine rather than the silicone at fault? Was the trav oiled or have any treatment on it

• Like Like x 1
  11. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Prob the travetine sealer at fault there ermi.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

I always tank outside the shower. Makes sense whilst your on. Last kit I used was BAL.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Whyme

Whyme Guest

Probably been said previous but use marmox board strong as double the thickness ply. Just adhesive on then screw + tape and paint the joints and screw heads sorted.

14. Ermintrude

Ermintrude Plumber GSR

No trav natural and it was washed. Plus it's a cut edge it's between. Wall to floor.

15. Whyme

Whyme Guest

Is the floor flexing??