Search the forum,

Discuss Diverter valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matty A

Just a quicky
The other day my inlaws had no hot water so they called someone in who told them it was the diverter valve that needed replacing.They got a quote for £190 inc new valve they said it was gonna take 2 hours at £60 an hour and the part was £70 so i went to the plumbers merchants where i get my gear from and got a valve for £35 and i have changed it myself.
Now the problem i have is i drained the system and changed the valves over,i put the new valve in the exact way the old one came out ie Port A to Port A and Port B to Port B and i wired it in the same as the wires on both valves were both the same.

I have filled the system back up and bled the rads but the pump from the boiler is constantly running is there owt i can do?:confused::confused::confused:

Cheers
Mat

Sorry no one seems to have an answer for you matty, did you get it sorted?

kinda
Maybe you can help me
When i boost the hot water sys when the heating is on the radiators go off downstairs this is when the pump is on setting 1 if i turn pump upto number 2 it is all working ok BUT the pump is so noisey i was wondering if there could be air in the cylinder is this possible if so how do i bleed it????

HELP
cheers

Mat

Not sure if it's air but if you have a hot water cylinder there will be a bleed valve next to it on a vertical pipe coming from the heating pipe work!

yes there is i thought that was just to drain down to a certain level for maintenance works think ill try that cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diverter valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock