Discuss Dishwasher Waste Pipe 18mm to 22mm Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I am a complete NOOB when it comes to plumbing so please bear with me and use baby steps lol.

I'm trying to plumb in a dishwasher but I am having a problem with the waste hose.

The hose is pre-fitted to the dishwasher so I can't remove it.

The hole at the end of the waste hose is 18mm but the copper pipe I need to attach it to is 22mm.

Is there any kind of adapter that I can use to connect the 18mm end of the waste hose into the 22mm end of the copper pipe.

Unfortunately I can't change the fittings or the waste hose.

I have attached a photo of what I am working with, its all original fittings that are there I have not changed anything.DSC_0002.JPG

Is it the rubber type on the end of the hose ?

It's going to be fun but it should fit over

You could try warming the rubber up in some boiling water for a couple of seconds

Watch you don't cut your self on the copper pipe when your trying to push it on

It's going to be fun but it should fit over

You could try warming the rubber up in some boiling water for a couple of seconds

Watch you don't cut your self on the copper pipe when your trying to push it on
Ok cool I will try again. I was just worried about pushing too hard in case the pipe split.

It's strange as the last dishwasher I had the pipe slipped over the top of the copper pipe with no problem at all as it was a 22mm opening.

Your best option is to get a proper washing machine upstand installed with a trap

How would I fit that to whats all ready there?

You couldn't the waste pipe would need to be altered easy enough to do for a pro

Looking at the link daWilko has posted, perhaps all you need to do is slacken the lowest Jubilee clip and remove the bit of copper. Might have a nozzle like in the picture?

That 18mm pipe will strech over the 22mm pipe no bother. Use some man power.

I would be more concerned with the size of the hole they have drilled under the clamp gr?? And if it will take the waste water away quick enough. Especially if they have fitted it like that in the first place:D:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dishwasher Waste Pipe 18mm to 22mm Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back