Currently reading:
Dishwasher plumbing - two waste pipes - any advice?

Discuss Dishwasher plumbing - two waste pipes - any advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RickyTFC

I'm a complete novice to plumbing as you'll be able to see, but I need some help gents.

I told my missus I could plumb the dishwasher and I need to save face,please help me wipe the smug grin off her face.

So, I have a waste pipe from my washing machine feeding into the waste pipe under the sink. I now need a second waste pipe under the sink to connect my dishwasher.

I bought a double waste outlet and I thought I could screw it under the sink plug or small sink plug. I can screw it to either, but as it's 40mm it's the same size as all the other pipes and they don't slot in together.

If I connect it to the small sink plug, the T section only lets it slide in a small amount.

If I connect it to the main sink, the pipe is too long, the right angle pipes are 30 or 40mm and don't fit snuggly, and then what do I do with the original waste pipe outlet? Do I buy another T section.

I am aware I am a buffoon. Please help.

Another option.
Try a search for "self tapping waste connector" Wickes do them as do most plumbers outlets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dishwasher plumbing - two waste pipes - any advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back