Search the forum,

Discuss dishwasher install . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an opening for dishwasher which is 600mm wide however my wife wants now an integrated dishwasher. Will i still be able to install the dishwasher into this space or do i need to reduce it. We have a door in the garage that i exactly 600mm but im thinking this might not do because the door is exactly 600mm and would it not need to be 600mm plus the thickness of the panels on both sides of where the dishwasher sits now.

It seems the side panels would still be visable. You would need exactly a 600mm gap... At the moment the gap is between? Wall end panel?

Integrated alliance's fit the nominal gap, in your case 600, so the appliance is 596-598 and sits on the floor with the plinth hiding the legs. So it'll just slide into a 600 gap - or if you've got a 600 cupboard with sides reducing the gap to ~560 then just pull the thing out? I'd be surprised if door was exactly 600 as they're usually a couple of mm narrower to allow for clearance.

A picture of the gap would be helpful if possible. At the moment you.have a 600mm gap with an end panel either side? Or are they the sides of exsisting units?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dishwasher install . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Easy if you're a plumber I guess, but if you have no plumbing knowledge? Its a Bosch, nearly ten years old I think, its door won't shut, so it needs to be removed. They're a few videos that supposedly explain how to do it, but none for countertop dishwashers. I only saw one mention what you...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
N
Hi all, First off, sorry if this is appearing in the wrong place, but I figure I might get some unbiased opinions on here and perhaps some first hand experience too. I've had bad experiences with dishwashers breaking down, leaking and flooding in the past, albeit they were commercial...
Replies
Views
Straight
S
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that time – until now... The weekend before last, I thought maybe it was about time I tested it out running empty – it all worked fine and it drained ok...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope it's ok to post this question on here as it might be considered and electrical problem on a dishwasher and nothing to do with the plumbing side. It's an old integrated dishwasher with limited program control. I wanted to power save and put this dishwasher on at night to save energy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock