Search the forum,

Discuss Dishwasher connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Have just moved into a property when there is a circuit and dedicated plumbing for dishwasher. Photo in profile . Can the top of this just be removed and the water draining pipe from the dishwasher be pushed into this pipe or do I need any other fitting? There has never been a dishwasher installed in the past. Sorry for the novice question but don’t want to pay a callout charge if it just a case of pushing the pipe in! Thanks in advance

25A8E20F-FF05-46A9-AF73-0CA054E76317.jpeg

That cap will come off with a twist & pull then push the hose down the pipe as you say. Would like to have seen the pipe slightly taller tbh so keep an eye on it the first time you use it for a leak.

That cap will come off with a twist & pull then push the hose down the pipe as you say. Would like to have seen the pipe slightly taller tbh so keep an eye on it the first time you use it for a leak.
Many thanks for for rreply. Could i get an extension for the pipe of 10 cm or so? Otherwise I’ll just try it and keep an eye on it. You will have saved me a fortune so very grateful for your prompt response

Looking on the phone at the moment but if I remember correctly the nut on the bottom of the pipe is compression so you can replace the vertical pipe.
Only problem is that you can only buy more than you need unless you spot a plumbers van somewhere and ask nicely if they would sell you a cut off, ideally need it to be around 3ft from the floor ;)

Reply to Dishwasher connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock