Search the forum,

Discuss Dishwasher connection. No space. Head ache. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom2010

Hi all.
I'm putting a new kitchen in my flat and being an old Georgian building nothing is square or level.
I measured the kitchen but obviously didn't allow enough tolerance as my dishwasher is super tight.

The dish washer measures 600mm wide and 550deep.
My void for it is 600mm (so ok) but only 595mm deep. Therefor I'm lacking space for the trap and waste.

The waste pipe pipe is in the same location as well.

Have you guys guys got any good ideas? Is there a slim line trap on the market? Or could I use 32mm pipe?
Cant find a dishwasher connection for 32mm tho.
As a last resort I could locally chop off the plaster, as it's quite think. This would give me another 25/30mm

any thoughts ideas welcome.
Many thanks.
Tom

kitchen sink next to it?

595-550=45mm

a bit tight but??
am I misreading this?

Either put the waste and tap in the cupboard to the side
or sometimes the backs on washers /dishwashers aren't flat and there's enough room to put the upstand waste to one side.

buy a sink waste with a spigot for dishwasher. Job done

Hi all.
I'm putting a new kitchen in my flat and being an old Georgian building nothing is square or level. Tom

You having a laugh.
I've worked in new properties and the walls aren't straight.
Our house was built in the eighties, one kitchen wall wasn't square and all internal doors were replaced and most weren't square either.

Built in dishwashers are normall to tight to get any plumbing behind. Therefore the wast and cold are installed into an adjacent unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dishwasher connection. No space. Head ache. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock