Search the forum,

Discuss Disaster and stress! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
all the oil leaks I see have no inserts!!!!!!!!

Yeah, me too. Inserts are pennies too, so god knows why people don't use em.

soakaway sould be 500 away from external wall and electical connections are ment to be inside remembering that external boiler has to have perm live for frost stat we put our cables through in a heat sleeve good luck

Update for all you lovely peeps. They came back yesterday morning, and tried it on with me, and then reluctantly agreed to do what they thought was wrong. A very, very kind Worcester Bosch inspector came out, and also told them what to put right. They did the work. And fitted 2 new showers.

However, 1. I have scolding water it is over 73 degrees celsius. And 2. I only ( still!!! ) have a small print out. They said they would return today with the CD10 and CD11. But.................. yeah you guessed it, no one came. Is the attached a proper reading? And thank you again. DSCN1036.jpg

Those readings are text book perfect although most of us would drop the CO2 a little.
Im glad its getting sorted. There is a mixer valve on the boiler which sadly is hard to turn, but you can adjust the water temp with that, or just turn the dial down on the front of the boiler for now.

Dont pay them til you get the CD10 & 11.

Flue gas temp is too low. They've taken the readings before it's fully upto temp.

Sorry to be thick SimonG, but what do you mean by not fully up to temp? That the boiler was cold, and hadn't been running long enough?

For that machine I would expect a flue gas temp between about 65 and 75 degrees C.

Flue gas temp is too low. They've taken the readings before it's fully upto temp.
Well spotted Simon but would that change anything other the apparent efficiency?

I noticed the temperature as well but, to be honest, all the other figures seem fine that I'm sure they'll be fine when it was warmer.

I do echo this CD10/CD11 business and holding some money back (say ÂŁ150 just in case you need someone else to commission it - they will want to charge) Don't refuse to pay all the money as, after all, they have spent a fair amount on the boiler and the other parts and while not 100% fully functional, it's 95% there.

The reason you give for the paperwork and holding back the money? Solicitors are becoming really tough on this nowadays and it's difficult enough to sell a house with all paperwork present and correct.

In summary, you need a CD10, a CD11 and the building inspection certificate from the council, as well as the warranty paperwork sorted out with Worcester. It all comes back to that poor installation in the first place. If installed correctly then you could be quite confident that the paperwork would be in order too.

I hope you get sorted quickly and without much hassle.

(All the above is my opinion only!)

Not much more to add after DKIA's comment.

I agree completely. They deserve some money, but withold enough to get the paperwork in order.

Totally agree with the above on all counts.
Please ask them to change the fire valve if its the old 90degree one, needs to be 65 degrees on a condensing boiler.
PLEASE tell me they fitted a proper water softener, otherwise it won't be under any warrantee and the heat exchanger won't last long (unless you naturally have soft water)
I'd definitely ask if an OFTEC inspector could come and look at it.

If you fit a 65 degree fire valve on this you will be going back resetting it from time to time. Worcester say it should be a minimum of 80 I think to stop nuisance tripping its in the MI's. I know I had to learn from my mistake.

Funny, I was thinking that when I read Bunker's post but thought I'd maybe read the Worcester installation guide wrong.

85 or more fm manual, prehaps wb dont insulate their boilers as well as other makes! got caught out with a firebird recently as I only had a 11/2m 65 valve and it didnt drop down enough and cut out, swapped it for a longer one next day and alls ok now

I never buy 1 1/2m capillaries as they are a bit short for most installations. I usually stock 3m ones as standard.

I never buy 1 1/2m capillaries as they are a bit short for most installations. I usually stock 3m ones as standard.
you live and learn, its been in the van since i started oil, and its back there now! my initial initial stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Disaster and stress! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock