Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Digital showers are they any good? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Mancitychick

Mancitychick New Member

Hi everyone, I am in need of advice please, currently have a cold water tank and hot water in airing cupboard. Renovating very dated bathroom and have been looking at digital showers. I definitely what dual head too. My current shower has a grundfos pump attached as otherwise the water flow it not great. My concern is whether any signal problems with digital? Our wifi is often rubbish! Also will a digital shower give me the same power as a pump like I have now?
    Thank you in advance

2. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Two types of digital. One hard wired with cat 5 cable, similar, and the other is wire free. Prefer the hard wired. No changing of batteries.

3. Christopher buzzard

Christopher buzzard GSR

4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Best ones IMO are aqualisa.

You going over the hill to see you lot get hammered on 26th then :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. townfanjon

The push button at the side of the bed is wireless , but doesnt use your house wifi

6. Mancitychick

Mancitychick New Member

Great thanks was worried the kids might moan if it interfered with there WiFi! .

What about flow rate? Really need powerful shower and worried that if I move to a digital with built in pump it won’t be as powerful as a separate pump ? Any recommendations please?

7. Mancitychick

Mancitychick New Member

8. Mancitychick

Mancitychick New Member

I am sure we will win!

9. Mancitychick

Mancitychick New Member

I have been looking a Mira mostly, anyone got an views on them?

10. townfanjon

Yer but are you coming over ?

11. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Active Member

Firstly, the diff tween Mira & Aqualisa. Mira CANNOT be used on an EXTERNAL (existing) pump. Bloody stupid I know, but there it is. Aqualisa CAN.

However. With only a std hot water cylinder you'll run out of hot water in no time flat if you go for a decent pump such as 2.5 bar upwards.

To fit any pumped processor you need to DOUBLE the cold water storage in your loft as no pumped processor can work off mains.

In the UK, all processors are limited to 15-18 lpm on a perfect setup. They say they cant deliver anymore but thats BS. One uses the same processor in the USA and delivers 30 lpm...

Both systems are reliable. Both work. AQ system is prone to electrical interference but not Mira.

Personally, get rid of old cyl & install an unvented of 250 litres then put in a good manual system. Much cheaper long term and more reliable.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mancitychick

Mancitychick New Member

Thank you we are not in a position to change boiler at moment so I think I may stick to the same type of shower we have basically I think it thermostatic ? I move the lever to adjust hot/cold, however definitely want a dual head, would you suggest changing the pump to more than 2 bar??? Thanks so much for helping

13. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Active Member

Def not with so little HW available. 2bar max.