Search the forum,

Discuss Digital pumped shower mixer runs - good practice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric2013

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Had to run pipework to digital shower in loft. Had it been my job, it would probably have all been 22mm copper, since I try to work to the nth degree, but this is a budget subcontract install so I'm just trying to do it half decently.

Concerned I may have gone too far the other way, especially with clipping distances on Speedsh*t. Sadly my camera went flat so I don't have photos today.

I ran from the existing dedicated 15mm feed which came from side of CWSC in copper dropping down to loft floor, with a pulled bend to horizontal, clipped to joist. Then pushfit plastic for a couple of metres (level) with a clip every joist or similar distance, (worst was probably about 2'), rising slightly onto the pumped mixer platform. Then dead level 15mm copper with 4 pulled bends, no joints, clipped to boarding, and into pushfit pumped shower mixer isolators supplied (by manufacturer).

15mm dedicated air-free hot was much the same except that it initially rose from the airing cupboard, so the pump is the highest point.

From mixer to diverter valve, a piece of copper from supplied pushfit isolator to supplied pushfit isolator via pushfit bend supplied. Then from outlet isolators about 3' run in pushfit, clipped halfway along, and pushfit coupling into pulled copper bends clipped to bathroom wall (to be hidden behind studwork).

My main concern is that the plastic pipework might sag and end up being not level (though once the lagging is in place it may well be close to being fully supported). Could this cause an airlock problem?

Would you say this is acceptable from my desciption, or would you prefer to see... and what?

Many thanks for any contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Digital pumped shower mixer runs - good practice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve and Y strainer to old cylinder, reduce to 15 mm and to pump flexi and reconnect existing hot distributing pipe. Repair shelf in AC and fit twin...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock