Search the forum,

Discuss Diamond core drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
In need of a new drill after my friend has completely ruined my dewalt, burnt out on motor side and wouldn't be worth repairing my guy who fixes them said!

Looking at. Macrist DDM1 but it has some bad reviews, anyone have one??

No. I had a rothenberger though and it set on fire the third time I used it.

Got the ddm1. To be fair after very little use the motor died. Marcrist were excellent and replaced no questions. It's been fine ever since. It is a smooth drill. The clutch never kicks in it just keeps drilling.

I can recommend the Makita 8406 any day of the week.
I've been using them for a long time and there very good drills. I owned a marcrist DDM3 and found it awkward to use - it's heavy and bulky and I ending up selling it and got another Makita. Have also owned the DeWalt and not much cop either.
Can't comment on the Marcrist DDM1 but looks good and similar looking to the makita.
Hope that helps.

I found the dewalt core gun crap it only lasted a year, been coring with my dewalt sds for years and still going strong.

I do like the Makita but heard of people raving about Marcrist

DDM2 clone re badged (cough) sparky.
i have a sparky that i picked up on here for about £20? and its all i need (apart from a new 127mm core);)

it makes friggin holes not cook your dinner !! lol

I've got a Marcrist DDM3. It is heavy but it's beastly powerful and smooth. You get used to the weight after a while...

What do you do with the pilot drill when using diamond cores, remove after a couple of inches in?

What do you do with the pilot drill when using diamond cores, remove after a couple of inches in?

Just use pilot to start hole in correct location. A Vee cut in piece of ply will serve same purpose.

Just use pilot to start hole in correct location. A Vee cut in piece of ply will serve same purpose.

With marcrists pc850 cores u can use the pilot on same setting as coring without removing, set is same price as drill though so my current cores will do lol, I don't even use a pilot just angle the core to get a start

Ive had my makita core drill for about 8 years now, needed a new clutch last year which cost me £110 I think and its still going strong

Marita here as well, but I only use quality diamond core drills. Cheap core drills bits ruin clutches

I have the above for sale £100 plus P&p used for three 110mm cores in standard domestic brick. I very rarely do instals now and if I do its usually a combi swap in same hole, please note core bit not included

I have the above for sale £100 plus P&p used for three 110mm cores in standard domestic brick. I very rarely do instals now and if I do its usually a combi swap in same hole, please note core bit not included

You're probably better off putting that in the "For sale and wanted" forum mate. Likely to be overlooked in here..

You're probably better off putting that in the "For sale and wanted" forum mate. Likely to be overlooked in here..

I managed to bag a DDM1 for £150 (ex display) from my local buildbase last year to replace my tired makita. not too heavy and has gone through 30 or so core holes varying from 40mm to 152mm all with ease coupled with some of the good macrist cores. In all honesty i dont recall having a tough hole to do with it yet, you know the toilet waste in an old terraced bathroom solid wall sodden as you like:rolleyes2:. It developed a slight leak around the seal but sent it off and it was back repaired within a week FOC of course. So for me very good drill for the money and more than happy with the customer service.

Word of warning dont use a drill without a clutch i was drilling a 4" hole and the drill bit jammed the drill and my hands went round ouch i thought i broke my wrists.

Word of warning dont use a drill without a clutch i was drilling a 4" hole and the drill bit jammed the drill and my hands went round ouch i thought i broke my wrists.

Those of us old enough to remember starting handles were taught to grip without using thumb. If using drill without clutch grip in like manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diamond core drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock