1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Desperately seeking advise about bathroom ventilation! in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. claire44

claire44 Guest

:confused:Hi I desperately need some advice; I have a basement flat with a bathroom with no window. I've recently discovered that the extractor fan is only vented to behind a plaster boardbpartition i.e. not to outside! I think it's going to be very difficult to vent to outside as it's approx 8 metres to the nearest outside wall. Is there any type of product on the market that will extract without the requirement for an actual outside wall? or failing that, I know it's difficult without seeing the work involved, but could anyone give me a ball park as to what this may cost? Thanks for your help. Regards. Claire

2. REDSAW

REDSAW Well-Known Member

you could consider a condensing unit, not dissimular in function to a condensing tumble dryer?/.