Search the forum,

Discuss Designer radiator with microbore plastic piping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I've started renovating our cloakroom and have decided to opt for a designer radiator (Milano Aruba - White Horizontal Designer Radiator 400mm x 415mm). The valves for this (Milano - Minimalist Chrome Angled Radiator Valves (Pair)) are for 15mm pipe but I've got 10mm microbore currently. I could just use some standard valves designed for the 10mm pipe, but ideally would like to get a modern look with the new valves. My problem is that I'm a little tight for space as the current pipe runs close against the external wall block. I've attached some photos of the current layout. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of the neatest way to resolve the pipework for the new radiator here? Spacing is similar to the old one (10mm wider but there's enough flex in the current pipe runs to deal with that). Ideally I'd just have the 15mm chromed pipes and valves visible once installed, but don't know if this will be feasible.

IMG_20180312_174939.jpg

IMG_20180312_174923.jpg

IMG_20180312_174917.jpg

Hi
Needs cutting back. Increasing to 15mm. Converting to copper and terminating in chrome pipe to th centres of the valves on the rad.

If your unsure a plumber would probably charge two-three hours labour.

Could use 10mm chrome pushfit valve elbows. I'd elimate the bent 10mm tho.

Not ideal but can be done upsize the 10mm to 15mm coming out the wall . kop

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I've got a couple of ideas of how I can tackle this, my main concern is just how to get it all to fit. I've uploaded a sketch of what I'm thinking of. The biggest problem is that there's only about 12mm between the plasterboard and external wall currently. The plaster is about 20mm thick, so I can chop some of that out and not fill it back to full thickness. I could also chisel a bit out of the external wall block to make some space.

At the moment I'm leaning towards option 2, using whichever is smaller out of a Speedfit or compression reducing elbow, and chiselling enough out of the wall block behind it so that it can be hidden behind the plaster once everything's fitted.

Can anybody think of a more elegant solution, or a reason why this might not work?

PlumbingOptions.PNG

Thanks very much for the speedy reply Chalked! Please could you help me understand why this is a better choice than option 2 and chasing into the wall? Until now I'd been leaning slightly towards option 2, as it requires fewer fittings which I was thinking might also mean I could get away with chiselling out a smaller section of the wall and chopping away less plasterboard.

You will be able to fit a cover plate around the pipe to make a tidy job.
With the second option, the bend will be stuck out of th wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Designer radiator with microbore plastic piping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock