Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Dedicated circuit for Boiler Power in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

I note you have edited my full response

Are you a troll

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

like????

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vee

Vee Plumber GSR

No. I edited my own response. Touch of paranoia?

4. Vee

Vee Plumber GSR

A dedicated supply to a piece of equipment you do not want disturbed by tripping from faults by other electrical items or that requires more sensitive RCD’s or different protection to that provided in a standard CU.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

thats ok if the system is rcbo but if its on a split board half of its going off when the rcd trips any way

6. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

There are no regulations that state this ..

But there are regulations about spurs off spurs, which plumbers tend to ignore.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

Vee- you can disagree with me you like, but please offer up a BS 7671 reg number to back up your position

8. Vee

Vee Plumber GSR

You are missing the point as this is not about regulations, but what is correct for a particular scenario. You are generalising for a boiler.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

Err no.

I am offering a direct answer to the op.

His question was do I need a dedicated fused spur for a new gas boiler.

The answer is no.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Vee

Vee Plumber GSR

Equally electricans often fail to understand controls.
    He asked about Best Practice, not just the minimum requirement under the Regs. Surely that can differ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Vee

Vee Plumber GSR

Murdock - You surely understand what I am saying her and if you where so up on your Regs you would not disagree with this. Have we touched a nerve?

12. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

Not touched a nerve . Just making sure an unsuspecting client isn't badly advised by a plumber, regarding electrical regulations.

It's that simple.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Vee

Vee Plumber GSR

What makes you think you are the only electrician on here?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

Didn't say I was.

Maybe the op should post the question on the electricians forum, and see what they say.

15. bacon_sandwich

bacon_sandwich GSR

I am an electrician and install boilers.. lol
    No requirement as Murdoch says but if it was my house, it was easy, and i had a RCBO board, then definitly i would give it a dedicated cct.
    Boilers often have zone valves, boilers also often leak, when i am fault finding a tripping RCD, boilers like outside lights and outside sockets are well up there as potential culprits. Having a dedicated cct just makes it easier to find and reduce the nuisance factor

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1