Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

2. WARNING! We do NOT provide advice related to Gas or other fuels to people who are not currently an official registered Heating Engineer. Do NOT ask for advice related to boiler repairs or installs. You need to find a heating engineer instead.

Either seeking or providing advice on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk may result in your account being suspended or removed. These rules are in place to prevent deaths, which can easily occur from messing with heating systems when you're not qualified to do so.

Discuss Danfoss MSLC032 bleeding in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tn245

tn245 New Member

Hi!

I need to bleed an airlock out of the ancient oil-boiler here - previous tenant ran it dry. Can anyone tell me which is the bleed valve? I'm thinking the bottom one with the nut but the upper allen type one seems to have had more action based on the amount of rust. Pump is Danfoss MSLC032. Hope the picture came through. Sorry about the quality - it's pitch black down there.

Thanks!

IMG_20161130_120005.jpg

2. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Get an engineer to sort it and show you what's what at the same time. Dont play as you may change the oil pressure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dotty

Dotty Guest

^^^^^^ seen it done soooooooooo many times.

4. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Great quality pump, but must be near its end. That oil pump has to be 30 + years old. If you touch the wrong part you will destroy the old pump as well as changing the oil pressure.

5. tn245

tn245 New Member

Thanks for the responses. Do any of you know the answer to the question of which is the bleed valve on this pump though? In case I want to foolishly disregard your good advice? ;) I get that touching the wrong part might be a problem, hence the question of which is the right part to touch. :)

6. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

For you. None of them.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

5 days and still not sorted. Obviously that boiler is in need of an oil engineer to look at it, overhaul and service it or more likely to recommend it to be replaced.

8. Dotty

Dotty Guest

And I think we'll close it there.

• Like Like x 2