Search the forum,

Discuss Danfoss HIU Filling Loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, hoping someone out there can help.We have a Danfoss HIU. The pressure is down and have been told to fill the system. I've connected everything as shown in the pics but the gauge isn't budging.
2wpmk9w.jpg

2gv07pf.jpg

5ccepu.jpg
2wpmk9w.jpg
[/IMG]

Left hand gauge is reading 0 so you have no water pressure or a faulty gauge ?

Also what's the silver valve for just out of the pic top ??

Left hand gauge is reading 0 so you have no water pressure or a faulty gauge ?

Also what's the silver valve for just out of the pic top ??
Yes that’s right no pressure. Hence why I’m trying to fill it. Not sure what the valve is for, it’s hot and cold joint for what is marked with a factory symbol. Grey water perhaps?

Yes that’s right no pressure. Hence why I’m trying to fill it. Not sure what the valve is for, it’s hot and cold joint for what is marked with a factory symbol. Grey water perhaps?

That's your incoming cold mains that has no pressure/ gauge is faulty

Do you have cold water to your taps ?

That's your incoming cold mains that has no pressure/ gauge is faulty

Do you have cold water to your taps ?
YEp, all taps working fine. Judging from the manual it should be reading 1.5-2. There’s definitely mains pressure as when I disconnect the pipe from the inlet it rushes out. It’s not getting in. I presume the gauge is correct as the radiators are still cold, or Luke warm at best.

If you disconnect the hose from the heating side and turn on the inlet does it come out of the hose. (Prove the hose is not blocked)

If it’s not blocked, open the heating valve into a bucket to prove that opens. If that works it could be the heating gauge is faulty.

If you disconnect the hose from the heating side and turn on the inlet does it come out of the hose. (Prove the hose is not blocked)

If it’s not blocked, open the heating valve into a bucket to prove that opens. If that works it could be the heating gauge is faulty.
Just checked, water is flowing from both. But if the gauge is faulty why is there still no heating?

any of the pipes warm above the unit?

does the heating work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Danfoss HIU Filling Loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock