Search the forum,

Discuss Damixa Kitchen Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

countlastadt

Hi, recently went to look at a customers dripping Damixa tap but could not take any of the tap apart to service it! The only thing you seem to be able to remove is the spout.

I have since found out that the style of taps are the Venus monobloc kitchen range. Apparently Damixa was sold by B&Q although they have stopped selling their products now, and trying to get hold of anyone via Damixa's website is impossible (overseas and its now the weekend!).

The tech specs seem to imply the tap handles just pull off (no grub screw etc seems to be present on the exploded view) although I have tried pulling and leveling the handles off with no result!

Has anyone come across this problem before? Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated!

Parts are hard to come by as they are based in Denmark, I think Bristan deal with UK enquiries. *Very important - the tap tails are the opposite thread to normal taps, so to undo them turn clockwise rather than anti-clockwise.

Thanks for your input mikeygas.

Have just spoken to Damixa HQ and they say they tap tops should just pull off!...so I guess some brute force with leverage is now required!

Agree with countlastadt - almost impossible to get any sense from Damixa; its taken me 3 months being passed from various companies in the UK (Croydex and Bristan), to Damixa in Denmark, and back again to Bristan, only to be told it will cost me £72 for a new valve on my leaky tap - despite still being within its 5 year "guarantee" period !!!!

Shocking service, obviously crappy product; if you're reading this prior to purchasing a Damixa tap or dealing with Bristan, my advice is......DON'T DO IT !!!!!!

Carnt comment about Damixa but i generally only buy bristan taps, as i think there good quality for the price, and ive always had good results from their after care.

Bristan no longer deal with Damixa, to the point that they told me damixa had ceased trading. I eventually managed to get a replacement tap through City Plumbing supplies. Where the manager there got them from I dont know.

It was in the end the Bristan Rep who told me that Damixa infact hadnt stopped trading, just parted ways with Bristan. I was dealing with a G3 basin mixer which I had stripped and replaced parts (that bristan had supplied) twice, it was by FAR the hardest/most complicated set of taps to strip and rebuild I have ever taken apart.

Good Luck.

A while ago now, but did you manage to fix this problem ?
I have a similar issue (tap leaking from tap top, not the spout) and cant work out how to take off the tap tops ???
Was it brute force in the end and were your able to mend it ?
Thanks.
Jonnyregae

A while ago now, but did you manage to fix this problem ?
I have a similar issue (tap leaking from tap top, not the spout) and cant work out how to take off the tap tops ???
Was it brute force in the end and were your able to mend it ?
Thanks.
Jonnyregae

I'm having exactly the same problem. Can I confirm if the solution is simply to use brute force to take out the handle lever? Don't want to break it while trying to fix it!

Thank you in advance.

-whz

I can confirm that the Damixa valve has a pintle on the end. This is for the tap handle to snap fit onto. It avoids the need for a grub screw to hold the handle in place and means that to remove the handle it just needs a strong pull.

Yes, of course, but its much cheaper to simply replace the valve.

not if the parts are hard to find, or the tap dismantels poorly, i say stick to a well known brand that provides a good quality customer service and parts suppply.

i also dont work for or sell any taps parts but am just a tradesman looking after my customers.

Last edited:
Its just another option. Its always good to give people options. A spare part for £20 and a simple DIY fix, against a replacement tap for £150 and a complicated fix, is a no brainer for me.

my local shop owners tells me its safe to smoke when he sells me 20 number one.

Terms and Conditions of Use
By using this forum by any means such as reading, browsing, downloading, registering to, posting to, replying to, any part of this forum, you agree to the following terms and conditions (aka forum rules). If you do NOT agree to these terms, close all forums pages with immediate effect.
Rules for Sellers, Traders and others with a Commercial Interest

• No Advertising Allowed
  • No Market Research Allowed
  • No Private Message Selling Allowed

I had big problems finding the spare part for my Damixa Venus tap but a friend told me about this brill site which I found by googling "tapmagician". He sell lots of bits and pieces for taps. The guy was very helpful and the part came the next day.

My Damixa Venus is leaking from the lever rather than the spout too and I have finally managed to take the tap lever off and now see a plastic cover which I cannot seem to remove. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Damixa Kitchen Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock