Discuss Daikin Altherma HT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone fitting these units yet?
I've just recently went and completed my F-Gas C&G 2079-11 and I'm looking at installing them. Quite interesting reading about their 80[SUP]o[/SUP]C output.

Looking at doing the Daikin training in Jan/Feb. Anyone any thoughts on these?

We've fitted about 20 HT units and had no problems. As long as they are sized correctly you won't have a problem. ? They get up to emperature quickly and the hot water cylinder that comes with it heats up quickly too. If you have the cylinder sitting on top of the indoor unit you do need about 2.3M headroom but you can put them side by side.
There is a small amount of noise from the indoor unit as it has a small compressor in it that takes the temperature up to 80 deg. so be careful on where you site it.
I would thoroughly reccomend the unit. Good luck.

Hi CES,

this is my first post and I am too quite interested in The Daikin Altherma and Mitsubishi Eco Dan from what the manufacturers say about them...but as we know what they say and how they perform could be completely different being fairly new technology..
I install splits for a small family plumbing business who I'm going to try and get me on the trainning courses..Appreciate some feedback on the training courses if u attend.?

First time I see one I thought it was a fridge!

The manual on gem was big enough to scare me so I am looking at going on the makers course at some point

Stay away from the mitsubishi's, I work for local housing associations and we have nothing but problems with them and there far too complicated for what's needed, daikin on the other hand are a very good unit and can thoroughly recommend them.

Just double check that they are MCS, as a lot of the HT units Iv seen haven't been which voids it of any grants/incentives which are quite handy!

I have fitted the best of china rubbish and the daikin altherma ht/lt units and the advise is you get what you pay for. The daikin units are great but make sure you do heat loss calculations are correct and go on there training course because it is alot to take in from the manual.

Best course to go on is Panasonic Aquarea because its free and you get fed & watered for nothing foods great. The course was pretty good as well.

Hi Moorofdevizes, I am looking to get a Daikin HT maybe installed in our 400 yr old listed bldg house in Cornwall - 3 beds, 1 bathroom only 2 of us there most of the time now.. It is quite mild but we can only have loft insulation and draft proofing on windows as insulation methods due to listing. We have wood stoves and an oil Aga at the moment. My question is can a Daikin HT cope with such a bldg or will our electricity build be huge?

Any help gratefully received
Thanks

Hi Moorofdevizes, I am looking to get a Daikin HT maybe installed in our 400 yr old listed bldg house in Cornwall - 3 beds, 1 bathroom only 2 of us there most of the time now.. It is quite mild but we can only have loft insulation and draft proofing on windows as insulation methods due to listing. We have wood stoves and an oil Aga at the moment. My question is can a Daikin HT cope with such a bldg or will our electricity build be huge?

Any help gratefully received
Thanks

Air source heat pumps only really work on well insulated homes, both the CTC and Daikin as well as a few others offer high output units, however in most cases the CoP drops though the floor (CTC being the probable exception)

The only way that your question can be answered is a proper heat load survey, measuring room sizes and calculating insulation values - once that's done you'll have your answer, and not until - else wise they are just guessing, and you end up with yet another of those under-performing systems..

Heat pumps work when PROPERLY DESIGNED. You need full room by room heat loss calcs to be able to make the decision.

Whichever renewable heat source that you choose it's a requirement of the MCS scheme and the RHI to have full room by room heat loss calcs done to BS EN 12831 anyway. So that should be your first step. (You'll also need an EPC and GDAR, those are wonderful works of fiction though :) )

If you are on oil, and aren't well insulated your best solution would usually be a Biomass boiler.

Hi Guys,

Anyone able to give advice on using 5 x HT's in parrallel with a plate heat exchanger to heat up two tanks for a gym with 22 showers >?

Collector sizing / what would you use , just a large pipe ?
would the on board pumps cope with the 20kPA drop through the Heat Ex.
Do you treat the closed loop " primary " circuit ?

Does anyone have a recommended schematic or tank manufacturer

Call Daikin technical they'll do it all for you :)
Though these are pretty fundamental questions - worrying if you are asking these - if you want more detail and more answers please register
You need to know usage, recovery times etc etc. Pipes sizing calcs are standard bearing in mind the Delta T ..

We'd be happy to quote :)

Last edited:
Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Daikin Altherma HT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back