Search the forum,

Discuss Daft question - lining up towel rail valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks,

Installing a new towel rail and it has two valves at the bottom that screw up into the towel rail with 90 degree valve taps on them, when I ptfe and tighten them it all works fine, they just reach fully tightened position at wonky directions.

How can I ensure they tighten at nice 90 degree angles to the towel rail?

Sure there’s some smart trick here, just can’t figure it out!

add more pfte tape so it so stops where you want it

Reply to Daft question - lining up towel rail valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had no end of trouble recently fitting a heated towel rail. First problem is tightening the fittings so that it is tight in the correct position/orientation for the flow/return pipework, these have o rings for sealing but are not always water tight at the correct position. Also some of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, About a year ago we moved into a new property which has a towel heater as part of the Central Heating System. There are no thermostats as part of the valves, so after a quick look on google I believe it is a manual heater. In the summer a leak developed on the left hand side...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I’ve installed a new towel radiator and I’m trying to fit the valves but I’ve come unstuck and need some help. I’ve bought new angled valves to replace the old ones but I can’t connect them. I think I’m missing something. They are the right size to screw into the bottom of the...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two separate TRVs I have tried, which happen to be... Basic programmable Bluetooth one that uses a motorised push-pin. Old basic TRV with settings 0-5. On...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock