Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting in 4” time saver branch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 4” soil stack with a cross branch at ground floor level to take two separate toilets, with the vent going to the roof. Can I cut in a 4” branch to take an upstairs toilet on the first floor?

Yes

Edit .. hope its plastic lol

Hello townfanjon,

If the branch that ThomasL / the OP has named in the title of this thread as `Timesaver` is what he wants to use - it is a Cast Iron fitting which in the `Timesaver system` is joined to the Cast iron pipe using 2 piece `couplings`/ collar clamps which are torque bolted around a Rubber `collar` type gasket.

If he wants to use this Branch fitting on an existing Cast Iron stack I am not sure without researching the diameter of the Timesaver fittings / `couplings` whether it would fit or not.

I installed a lot of this `Timesaver system` for Soil, Waste water and Vent stacks on a contract for Nurses accommodation at Guys Hospital [in London] back in about the mid 1980`s - BUT - it was all from the Drains up on internal Stacks - I have never connected it to an existing Cast Iron Soil stack.

Because the bolted `couplings` are not particularly good to look at [especially with 3 of them on a Branch] I would not have ever considered this system for external Soil stacks so I have not used this `Timesaver` system on any of my own contracts since that Job.

I would also guess that the prices are prohibitive for even installing a Branch - let alone erecting an entire Soil stack !

Here is a Link to a recent Catalogue:

http://www.saint-gobain-pam.co.uk/s...aver_tpl_may_2017_edition_16pp_a4_final_0.pdf

ThomasL - I would advise You to research the diameter of the Timesaver 4" Branch and `couplings` / collar clamps and check the diameter of the existing Soil stack that you want to connect to.

The Catalogue states - 100mm - but do the fittings, couplings & pipe actually measure that O.D. ?

Could You please clarify if you are asking about a `Timesaver system` Cast Iron Soil Branch.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:
You can do it just make sure you get the correct rubber two piece couplins and hire yourself a aluminum tower scaffold to work safely . cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cutting in 4” time saver branch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock