Search the forum,

Discuss Customers . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Longish post. I went to a new customers house this morning to look at some cold radiators which is not out of the ordinary. When I got there the house was relatively cool. I asked to see what they had system wise and the old fella went into some detail but I wish I had took some pictures as he had tried his best and re-piped the pump, air separator, 3 port valve, cylinder, boiler and any accessible pipework by cutting it all out and replacing it using compression. I did a little bit of digging and found the downstairs manifold (8mm microbore type 47 years old) virtually blocked and only just passing. I advised him that he needed to re-pipe the lot and a new boiler at the same time but he said he couldn't afford it. I gave him my bill and he paid. I bet a million pounds he re-pipes the manifold with compression himself.

Longish post. I went to a new customers house this morning to look at some cold radiators which is not out of the ordinary. When I got there the house was relatively cool. I asked to see what they had system wise and the old fella went into some detail but I wish I had took some pictures as he had tried his best and re-piped the pump, air separator, 3 port valve, cylinder, boiler and any accessible pipework by cutting it all out and replacing it using compression. I did a little bit of digging and found the downstairs manifold (8mm microbore type 47 years old) virtually blocked and only just passing. I advised him that he needed to re-pipe the lot and a new boiler at the same time but he said he couldn't afford it. I gave him my bill and he paid. I bet a million pounds he re-pipes the manifold with compression himself.
You've either got a spare million pound or you're dead confident!

Yeah you should've taken pictures. A fella brought a toilet cistern into the merchant's, when I was there and it had a copper flush! Apparently had been in since 1910... No diaphragm to replace that!! I wish I'd taken a photo, as he was going to chuck it in a skip..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customers . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock