Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Customer wants to claim for a tv off my insurance in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Exactly! It may mean you have a lot of bother fighting your corner, but it hopefully will put them of trying it again with some other poor tradesman if you win.
    I had a customer who walks over everybody try it on me & I stood my ground & taught them a lesson they won't forget. Well worth the time I wasted.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mrs Tara Plumbi

Mrs Tara Plumbi Guest

They probably do - learn the lesson - there are a few of these types out there want everything for nothing and expect to claim something off everyone.
    I bet they complain everytime they go to a restaurant to try and get a free meal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. julesverne

julesverne Guest

Go to the police station report it as a crime obtaining goods by deception. If copper refuses or doesnt seem interested then ask for pc no. Then tell him you will report to the ipcc for failing to investigate a crime, a policeman legal responsibilty under the police act. They tend to show a bit more interest when you say that

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chris F

Chris F Plumber GSR

Pack your tools and leave, sound like a right bunch of scratters. I wouldnt worry about your rep mate, your rep will be worse if they mug you off.

5. Plumbstar Tom

Plumbstar Tom Well-Known Member

Hey I reckon you have damaged my sky box too as it's not working now can you pay for that too hehe. Stand your ground soldier. Unfortunately you will get customers like this and you need to be strong. I hope you still get paid but please don't buy them a TV. If it comes to it tell them you will turn up to discuss and if they remain as they are start uninstalling your work

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dannypipe

Dannypipe Trusted Plumber GSR

I had one just as weird. Had a call, and a letter from a company saying a sub contractor of mine called Jack Somthing (had never heard of him) was suing me as at Gatwick Hilton Hotel (never worked there) he had a stack of plaster boards fall on him and crush his legs.

They didn't know my name but had my address and phone number (obviously from the website).

They were one of these "accident at work" firms.

First they sent a letter. Then called and spoke to the wife, who said I hadn't worked there, so it was a mistake. Then they called again, and then I called them. I said:

You don't even know my name. I've never heard of your client, and have never worked at Gatwick Hilton. Their response:

Give us your insurance details anyway incase it turns out you are responsible so we can get the claim sorted. I told them to eff off, and I'm not a mug. Shock horror, never heard from them again. Must think I was born yesterday.

• Like Like x 3
  7. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

when i worked direct for a company i got told i had to pay £5 for a tea mug that had been broken. It was on a coffee table that i knocked over because 3 of its legs were not fixed to the top. I told my gaffa id rather have the sack then pay up.

• Like Like x 2
  8. missplumb

missplumb Plumber

i was once accused of taking some hoover attachments from a cutomers house!!( which i flatly denied), after a bit of wrangling and refusal to go back therewhen there was a fault with the system, my boss "ordered" me to return and sort it out with the customer face to face (its a bit more difficult for them to accuse in person), sure enough they backed down and instaed said it must have been my apprentice who took them.Weeks passed then got a call from office on Monday morning saying the customer had rang in and said the hoover parts mysteriously turned up left on her doorstep on sunday morning!!!!!!
    she even had the cheek to demand one of the service engineers give her his Henry as i had made her Dyson unusuable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. wetdrip

wetdrip Plumber

If I'm ever diagnosed with a terminal illness, I'd hunt that lot down and end them.
    People like that make my blood boil.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Chris F

Chris F Plumber GSR

Now :) here is a man on the same page as me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. wetdrip

wetdrip Plumber

I'll bet my list's longer than yours:)

12. Chris F

Chris F Plumber GSR

Hahaha :)

13. Dannypipe

Dannypipe Trusted Plumber GSR

Good man! My sentiments exactly.

14. jjmmcc

jjmmcc GSR

I like this solution,
    How would you stand regarding your future no claims, as the Insurer would dismiss the claim

15. SafeGasInstall

SafeGasInstall Plumber GSR

I need new TV , can you get me one too if they are so cheap this days ?

• Like Like x 2