Discuss CP12 Certs and Price Work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard978

Gas Engineer
I'm looking at taking a job doing landlord certs, I've never done a high volume service contract and always charged about £40.00 and I tend to spend an hour doing it.

Now the company is offering £14.30 per CP12 and I'm just wondering how many I can do to see if its worth my while taking it on. Apparently all the work is in close proximity but I'm still not convinced I will get more than 8 done.

They provide the van and fuel and most houses it will be a boiler and a cooker. I suppose the problem starts when I get an FBU or a gas fire as I tend to find these do take some time.

Who pays for the gas safe registration?
Analyser and calibration?
I think you would struggle to do 6 a day

£14.30? I wouldn't even consider it for that amount. That's actually laughable.

I thought it was low, but I've always worked for myself and charged around £40, I think the lowest I've done was £30.00 and that was a single logic I installed the year before.

I might re-cinder the offer as I can see me working 14 hour days to make £120.00 quid.

Around here max is around £45.00....that's one appliance. If there is a gas fire then it goes up to around £70.00

I'm just skint at the moment and need the money. I took a smart contract on and the money was amazing but it played havoc with my wrists and in the end got so bored of it quit. Problem is I've neglected my own business and now I'm finding it pretty tough.

Derby Nottingham Leicester, I've depleted my emergency funds and scratching around for work now. I was doing some smart meters which was good money but boring and was killing my wrists.

If your needing it and it's either that or packing in do it but you won't be making anything

But you need to be doing two an hour

You would earn more stacking shelves or labouring on site than doing CP12's for £15

£40.00 is way too cheap, £70.00 for upto 2 appliances then extra if a fire

Tell that to the hoards of plumbers around here swapping boilers for £1100 quid all in. I won't do it for less than £1600.00 as there is far too much work in that type of job to be only making £200 quid.

I've got an offer of some responsive plumbing work which is £17.00 per hour which is better but still not great

If you don't mind me asking what's wrong with your wrists

I would say you have three options

Go back to meter fitting
Jack it in and do something else
Go labouring / subbing

It's getting bleak these days and someone will always be cheaper / willing to work for nothing

I've got some sub plumbing work, at £17 per hour and 44 pence a mile with some gas work, plus I have my own work which is steady but I need to build that back up. I just need to be able to keep the lease up on the van and ride out this rough patch....

I've got some sub plumbing work, at £17 per hour and 44 pence a mile with some gas work, plus I have my own work which is steady but I need to build that back up. I just need to be able to keep the lease up on the van and ride out this rough patch..

Would want more for any gas work as it's not the same as plumbing

There seems to be an awful lot of people doing work from cars around here at the moment, never a good sign. I was at tenants house last week and some guy was there to fit a cooker from a second hand shop. He literally just plugged it in and buggered off. No manual left, no tightness test, no working pressure etc etc.....I just unplugged it, removed the bayonet fitting and capped the backplate and issued a warning notice.

so much for gas safety

There seems to be an awful lot of people doing work from cars around here at the moment, never a good sign. I was at tenants house last week and some guy was there to fit a cooker from a second hand shop. He literally just plugged it in and buggered off. No manual left, no tightness test, no working pressure etc etc...I just unplugged it, removed the bayonet fitting and capped the backplate and issued a warning notice.

so much for gas safety

Why did you disconnect? Apart from not doing the job to the book, was anything actually wrong with it?

I'm looking at taking a job doing landlord certs, I've never done a high volume service contract and always charged about £40.00 and I tend to spend an hour doing it.

Now the company is offering £14.30 per CP12 and I'm just wondering how many I can do to see if its worth my while taking it on. Apparently all the work is in close proximity but I'm still not convinced I will get more than 8 done.

They provide the van and fuel and most houses it will be a boiler and a cooker. I suppose the problem starts when I get an FBU or a gas fire as I tend to find these do take some time.
Where abouts are you? If you're anywhere near S.London I can give you 20 GSR's to do ASAP at £45 a pop. Let me know.

Contracting on social housing, ranges from 19.00 to £25 per property. Usually get bit more if there more fires on the patch. Most social housing tends to be boiler only and tenents own cooker so visual check only. That's supplying your own van and tools. It works out better than using there van.
Realistically 8to 10 a day is possible without killing yourself, it all depends on access rates.

Depending on where you are you can join up to Local Heroes they allocate work on a rotation basis and it pays fairly well. No obligation to take on the jobs and can be good for filling holes in your workload. You’ll need insurance etc but you need that anyway.

Depending on where you are you can join up to Local Heroes they allocate work on a rotation basis and it pays fairly well. No obligation to take on the jobs and can be good for filling holes in your workload. You’ll need insurance etc but you need that anyway.

isnt pay rubbish as its bg subbing?

isnt pay rubbish as its bg subbing?

I think it would depend on where you are, I’m rural so it’s a fair bit of LPG and oil, but it’s not that bad looking at some of the prices on here. £70-90 for a service plus parts I spec a max of 45 mins radius, Some really silly little jobs that others don’t want but a good few breakdowns as well. They offer a guide price and take 20% which i generally meet halfway with my quote, the customer accepts your quote when you’re on site you request payment on completion 14 days later you get paid, all pretty quick and easy, I can see that long term it could end up being a be a race to the bottom, but out here this winter BG can’t seem to cope with the workload, customers are phoning Local Heroes direct and they are passing on the jobs. As mentioned you’re not obligated to take on the work, I’m sounding a bit like a sales rep for local heroes but it’s working ok for me at the moment and fills in the holes in my workload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CP12 Certs and Price Work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back