Search the forum,

Discuss Covering Gas Pipes Internally in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance that I would accept that! Have been to another that was run that way when it probably took me a quarter of the time to do it properly under the floor.

HI Everyone,

Over the weekend I discovered a Gas leak in my lounge, which British Gas have sorted.

They turned off the Gas until it

And 1 day later have re-laid all my gas pipes in my lounge, however the gas pipes WERE beautifully under the floor and British Gas have refused to do this. So i now have HIDEOUS copper piping around my living room, not ideal at all.
I have been looking at the options ie Boxing it in etc..however all of this is not aesthetically pleasing, and as the living room is rather small I don't really want to have anything to obtrusive.
I was hoping that i can get some nice coving however after reading a few things this may not be possible cos of ventilation.
If anyone has any suggestions I would be so grateful - i have pics if anyone wants to see
I am very lucky I didnt blow myself up the gas men told me

This is utter :censored: work it wouldnt even pass in local authority contracts,The BG supervisor should have speced either Talon trunking,or Thorsman the latter being better if the walls are uneven,with the associated end caps and jointing strips,and a neat bead of white silicone this would have made a good job out of a bad situation,wonder if they tried to flog a power flush just for good measure

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Covering Gas Pipes Internally in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock