Search the forum,

Discuss Covec Brittony 2T proving only luke warm water at the highest setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old Corvec Brittony 2T water heater and the problem is it only provides lukewarm water. The rubber gaskets were replaced about 18 months ago and I live in a hard water area. I suspect that the heater exchanger is getting furred up and needs replacing. Would be better to replace it altogether by another water heater? Could you suggest another one which would not involve too much wall alterations for the new flue. Many thanks

Would say you need to address the hard water issue first but might be worth getting a gas safe engy out to have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Covec Brittony 2T proving only luke warm water at the highest setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have recently fitted a thermostatic external mixer shower in my bathroom. The problem is that when it is set to the highest possible temperature its only luke warm at best. The hot water in my house is generated from a combi boiler which should be able to deliver a hot water flowrate of...
Replies
Views
S
I have recently fitted a thermostatic external mixer shower in my bathroom. The problem is that when it is set to the highest possible temperature its only luke warm at best. The hot water in my house is generated from a combi boiler which should be able to deliver a hot water flowrate of...
Replies
Views
S
I am working in a flat that only has luke warm hot water. I replaced the PM valve which seemed to fix the problem a month later ot has returned. I have cleaned the heat exchanger and ther dosnt seem to be a blockage. I have checked the thermostatic control valve all seems fine. When I flush the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi there, I am at my wit’s end with this problem which seems to have stumped all the plumbers in my local area and would appreciate any advice. I bought a new place in November which had been installed with a new Gledhill ES 150 l stainless steel unvented cylinder in March of this year. On...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Megaflo Heatrae Sadia running from a conventionla boiler. The boiler is 12 months old, the cylinder about 6 years old. The cylinder has two separate pipes in at the bottom left, both of which are too hot to hold for more than a second. There is a stone cold pipe going in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock