• Replies 14
  • Views 3K

Discuss Cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secret squirrel

I am looking to buy a house,

It is all electric heating aaaaaahhhhhhh!

House is 4 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, large kitchen, dining room, 2 x lounges.

Detached,

I have been looking at the running costs of Biomass boilers and I quite like the look of them.

Outside space is not an issue so can go outsides.

I don't do renewables so I haven't got a clue about it.

Heres the difficult part, all rooms are quite large, I need a ball park figure for installation and purchase of a biomass boiler.

I know its difficult because of room sizes etc etc but for an average size 4 bed house installers must have a rough idea, so a larger 4 bed house etc....

Just a rough guide so I'm not going in blind. An educated guess is better than the one I have now!

Oh, pros and cons as well please.

Have a search on here SS, there was a thread a few months back on it.

I suggest you take a look at the Grant Spira condensing wood pellet boiler, they modulate so no need for a buffer, condensing part is based on the Grant Vortex oil boiler, they had them on test for a few years before they launched to market to ensure they ironed out any possible faults.

Feel free to PM me with any brands you are considering if I know about them I will give you honest feedback, I don't sell in the UK so no hidden agenda.

Grant spiro
Boiler and hopper plus an auger approx £7000
Plumbing house approx £10,000
Depending on spec that's rads only no underfloor and very approx

Remember to vent your pellet store as wood releases carbon monoxide

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

You buy one of these
e9edy4am.jpg

Not a bad tank and reasonably priced, one small issue I had with them was the quality of sealant used when joining the panels I asked that they change to Sika Flex as used on Mafa tanks also to use sealant when the tank is being used inside.

I think they modeled it on the Mafa making very good alterations like being able to take pellet out of the tank manually, much better than the now defunct Bio Bin.

Do you mind if I borrow the image?

Last edited:
Air source all day long for me, spoke to 2 biomass company's last week and both admitted they're not interested in domestic one bit

What a shame, they are passing over what can be a very good market.

Thank you pete
I try to give people what they pay for and I like to think would I do that in my own home

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock