Search the forum,

Discuss Cost to replace cold water tank in loft in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

victor

Noticed water stains on ceiling - Inspected cold water tank - has 5 low level pipes going into it, a high level connection for the balcock and an overflow one. It is a black plastic tank about a metre long by 60x60 approx (just an estimate by eye). Can't see any leaks around the pipes. It was positioned on some hardboard, but about 6cm of the tank is hanging over the edge - I'm guessing this has put strain on it and hence the leak - although I can't see any obvious crack.

Roughly how much would it cost to replace? I'm in Kingston, Surrey - access is fairly good

Before a mod say`s thanks and tells members to contact you directly via a personal message is there flooring and light in the loft?

Yes, there is a light and it's floored adjacent to the hatch. It is not floored on three sides of the tank. It will probably need a new piece of wood under the tank depending on the size of the new tank and the condition of the existing wood

Sure we have members in your area.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cost to replace cold water tank in loft in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header tank? ie to place some sort of control elsewhere in the feed pipe before the water gets to the header tank - turning off the mains water supply would...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just recently noticed the overflow has started pouring water out, there are three tanks in the loft and I'm quite sure this is from the heating. We have two boilers, one for water and one for the heating, it's an 8 bed Victorian house (bed and breakfast) I went into the loft to see what...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock