Search the forum,

Discuss Cost of landlord gas safety check £60+VAT? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slickbone

Hi all,

I hope someonebody is able to put my mind at rest. I have a rental property which has a gas hob and combi boiler.

I am due for a gas safety check and I have been quoted £60+VAT for the combi boiler and gas hob inclusively. This quote is through my property management company.

Is this reasonable?

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Nothing wrong with that, probably on the cheap side depending on your location

GasmanxxxR1,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Very much appreciated. The reason I cant use my usual guy is that I think he has closed his business down and he is unreachable.

Thanks again!

townfanjon,

Thanks for your reply. My property is based in Leicester. My usual guy used to do it for £40 hence the post.

Many thanks!

so you wouldnt like my £95 for a combi service and LLC that I charged today then.

i charge more in nottingham without the vat.
management co probably use the same company that i subby for that charge £35-40 then they charge 20% on top to you.

anything sub £100 is reasonable unless you want to gripe over £20 for a one-off property as in my book anything under 5 properties in the same day/customer, does not warrant any discount!

Theres a guy round my way who's doing them for £35 although he's doing allot for landlords/estate agents so does them at a lower cost to get more, but most people round my way are at the £60 mark, so i'd say 60+vat is reasonable through an estate agents

I charge £60.00 for 2 appliances then £15.00 for each additional appliance.

Thank you all for your replies. It will help not only me but other people too. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cost of landlord gas safety check £60+VAT? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock