Search the forum,

Discuss Core Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint 1979

Gas Engineer
Hi guy's,

Any of you use the Sparky core drill? Is it any good??

I've been using my Bosch GBH but the clutch has finally given up.......any recommendations welcome, looking at spending around £200.

Cheers

Not too sure what the new ones are like but I remember when I was an apprentice about 7 yr ago that the sparky ones used to nearly break your arms when it snagged!.. I've got a dewalt d21570 which cost me 180 online I think they're about 200 quid from screw fix for the money you can't go wrong best core drill I've had and faster than the makita which is double the price, id recommend that one pal

Check out discount tool online stores in the USA. Bosch is great gear. Remember spending a few extra quid on a better drill that lasts a lot longer is always smarter. Consumable tools like grinders can be cheap. Burn out and buy again.

Definitely the dewalt! I have the drill as listed above, it's awesome!! I used to have a sparky but it gas up the ghost & always struggled / snatched in the walls!

I have a dewalt. It a different model but its an animal.
3 speed manual gearbox.
Very powerful 2kw
Like all though you have to own it. Unlike my brother who held it like a *****. It grabbed and smacked him over the head.
I laughed so hard I thought I shat my pants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Core Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi guys I have been asked to install a new electric shower at a property. The customer is saying her old one has no power. She has a combi boiler so can’t fit a power shower and the original shower only has a cold water feed. I am looking at investing in a rothenburg flow cup. Are they any good...
Replies
Views
hi all i need some help and advice i am tiling around 2 shower pipe fittings. as the measurements were intricate i was practicing on off cuts and trying to create a template. I've noticed when i drill holes into the tiles sometimes they would crack. i don't use any pressure or drill too fast...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a seaside apartment in Azerbaijan, currently a bare core & shell, not even internal walls yet, and am intending to put in wet UFH with ceramic tiles on top. Although we will get someone to do this for us, in my experience here it's always best to have a pretty good idea of what needs...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock