Search the forum,

Discuss Cordless Vacuum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CWPlumbing

Hi All, I've got a Oil Fired Rayburn to service in an 'off grid' house - no electricity. Does anyone have any recommendations for a cordless vacuum for clearing all the soot out? cheers

That's something I am interested in. I use rechargeable torches so only corded tool I need on boilers is a Hoover.
I find a lot of oil boilers have no power sockets close.
You could use a portable generator which would be useful for other jobs, but not as handy

Last edited:
I was looking at a Milwaukee one once. Ill see if I can find it again. Or generator/inverter.

I do have a generator, but it so big and ***bersome it takes up half the van! so a bit excessive for running a hoover!!
I've found a battery powered 'Henry' but it's mega expensive at ÂŁ380 with 1 battery
The Makita 18v Lion has a non disposable bag is after the fan - so no good
the de-walts and milwakis all seem to be bagless with filters - no good as would clog up instantly
I'll keep looking

Also looking at 12v so I could run off a car battery or from the van.... but they all look rubbish.

Hi Gasmk1, thank for the reply - I've looked at that one, I think that type with the tank and filter would clog up instantly when sucking up a load of soot like you get in a old AGA.

it does clog up but is easily cleaned know what you mean though have had mine 10 years and only changed the filter last year

Had a idea - get an inverter, run the normal vacuum off a car battery. much cheaper than buying a new vacuum

no cordless vacuum I have tried even comes close to a henry, so my option would always be my gennie, which the Mrs also finds useful for her horses!

Hi Gasmk1, thank for the reply - I've looked at that one, I think that type with the tank and filter would clog up instantly when sucking up a load of soot like you get in a old AGA.

I use the earlier dewalt cordless to clean out a biomass boiler around once a week, its fine, never blocks and has a very high filtration as the boiler produces soot as fine as baby powder.

I now leave that one with the boiler and im getting the new dewalt XR one, great vacs.

yes - just checked the label and the blurb on the web site

Commercial Dry Vacs - NRV200-22
NRV200-22 Red 240V + Kit NPH1
The 200 series has all the many features of the Henry design with full professional TwinFlo' power and performance; Hi-Lo operation; Tritex filtration but with the addition of our extended commercial 12.5 metre cable rewind and storage system
Motor Twinflo
Power 230V AV 50/60Hz
Motor Power 580W

The Henry probably was labelled 1000w once, the EU are getting heavy on the power consumption of vacuums with the introduction of new testing and legislation.

Yes, I managed to get a 2000watt Miele house cleaner before they were banned.
Typical of Europe messing about with our Henry's. :smile:

good - cheaper generator
henry is still one hell of a sucker (and I don't mean he's easily fooled) :)

If you service ordinary oil boilers you will find the generator handy rather than having to ask customers to open their window to put an extension lead through.
I hope you have a big van, because even a tiny generator takes another space up

My 'Van' is a LandRover Defender 110 Utility - it's like the opposite of the TARDIS!

My 'Van' is a LandRover Defender 110 Utility - it's like the opposite of the TARDIS!

I used to use my 90 but gave up with it.. bought a transit connect.
they are hopeless plumbers wagons :D

I work out of a 110 hardtop, so i now what you mean! Ive got an inverter but never used Henry off it. I might give it a try.

I used to use my 90 but gave up with it.. bought a transit connect.
they are hopeless plumbers wagons :D
I went from a connect to a landrover! It's fine for what I need - I only do oil boilers & AGAs - would be no good if I still did general plumbing and bathrooms, kitchens etc. Too old for all that now :smiley2:

I went from a connect to a landrover! It's fine for what I need - I only do oil boilers & AGAs - would be no good if I still did general plumbing and bathrooms, kitchens etc. Too old for all that now :smiley2:

Im making glamping pods at the moment, carpentry, plumbing, heating and general bathroom work.. need just about every tool I have :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cordless Vacuum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I've had an idea to use a gas fired generator running on mains gas to top up a large off grid battery bank when solar power is insufficient. Can anybody tell me if this is legal in the UK? Mains gas is much cheaper than electricity per kwh and the fact I've never heard of anybody doing the same...
Replies
Views
Hi The toliet pipes attched to the Macerator started to leak water yesterday when flushed. The macerator made a longer than noirmal whirring noise too. None of the waters been flushed and waste has come into the bowl with water, right to the top. I've ordered a water pump vacuum from amazon...
Replies
Views
We have an oil delivery booked for Friday but we ran out earlier today. We topped the tank with 150L from containers, bled the first boiler from the Allen key until the oil ran free and it fired up fine. Did the same on the second one but that had an E9 over temp error. We reset the thermostat...
Replies
Views
Hi Oil experts. I had a grant wall boiler with a failed transformer. Carried out a service and pretty sooty nozzle, and baffles build up suggest not cleaned in a while. The bottom baffle on the left corner had completely burnet through. Any Idea on the process on how this occurs and why just...
Replies
Views
J
I've just unpacked a new column radiator I bought online to fit it. On moving it around there was a rattling sound so I took a cap off and upended it and poured out a small pile of metal shot. Is this normal? I've fitted radiators before and never noticed this. I can vacuum it out but concerned...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock