Search the forum,

Discuss Cordless sds drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAH HEATING

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Mine has took the knock after a good 8 years...

any good deals out there chaps?

Depends what set up your running on other batteries there are some good body only deals out there

Here is my weapon of choice

BHR243RFX | Makita 18v Lithium-ion Brushless SDS+ Hammer Drill with Quick Chuck

if I need to drill anything substantial then I'd get a 110 out the van, I like the changeover chuck too

everyone seems to be rating the Milwaukee stuff at the moment but I can't grumble at mine so far had it a year now. A mate has the 36v but he paid lots for it and i find it too heavy for repetitive drilling and it dosent have the changeable chuck

if you want a drill for all jobs the bosch 36v is great, you can get it for less than 500 notes with 2 batts. If your loaded then get the big hilti which costs around 1200 notes.

if you want a light drill for fixings mainly then most 18v's are really good. Milwaukee, dewalt, makita are all decent. But as there are alot of other tools in the 18v line ups base the choice on any future plans to buy anything else also.

Milwaukee m18 fuel gets my vote but I only have m18 standard.

I'm replacing a 24v dewalt, me an my mate got them years ago for 250 each.

been a cracker

Milwaukee m18 fuel gets my vote but I only have m18 standard.

The fuel 18v is a compact sds, its an 18v version of the 12v sds. Only rated upto 15mm, no chisel function.

designed to drill small holes faster but to be lighter
had a play on one today.

i would go for the older brushed m18. Has more grunt.

No, just replace a knackered drill an lost grips thanks.

smart@rse

Oi!
Just gonna say if you just want a beefy cordless sds then the bosch 36v

if you want to swap all your power tools over to one platform then go for the milwaukee, dewalt or makitas bigger 18v sds's and buy batts an bare tools to go with them as you go along.

hardly being a smart @arse

Here is my weapon of choice

BHR243RFX | Makita 18v Lithium-ion Brushless SDS+ Hammer Drill with Quick Chuck

if I need to drill anything substantial then I'd get a 110 out the van, I like the changeover chuck too

everyone seems to be rating the Milwaukee stuff at the moment but I can't grumble at mine so far had it a year now. A mate has the 36v but he paid lots for it and i find it too heavy for repetitive drilling and it dosent have the changeable chuck

Hi bud will it drill a 25 mm hole through a brick wall ok for condense pipes and a 20mm sds bit through a standard wall for the blow off??

I have done 28mm holes with it but I wouldn't want or do that too often and I would suggest doing it on a full battery.

Having said that I'm still running 3ah batteries and a 4year old 28mm bit. the new 4ah and a nice new 25mm bit and it would probably be alright

I have also drilled 5inch holes in 18mm chipboard using a fairly bluted holesaw on the other chuck

if you want to drill 22-30mm holes offten with a cordless then you will want to get atleast a 36v tbh. the 18v sds drills are around the same as the older 24v sds drills in reguards to power. You need to remember that the max size rating of any drill is not its designed optimium working level and its not going to last long working at its max limit. You better off buying a drill which does not have to work at its limits all the time if thats what you want to use it for.

The fuel 18v is a compact sds, its an 18v version of the 12v sds. Only rated upto 15mm, no chisel function.

designed to drill small holes faster but to be lighter
had a play on one today.

i would go for the older brushed m18. Has more grunt.

i thought the m18 compact sds was not brushless? they will bring the brushless one out after they have sold the brushed to try and get more sales. Look at the m12 sds, the fuel version came out 6 months later.

i thought the m18 compact sds was not brushless? they will bring the brushless one out after they have sold the brushed to try and get more sales. Look at the m12 sds, the fuel version came out 6 months later.

ayeah pretty Sure it is. Isn't all that much bigger than the 12v fuel version. Ill double check later

Some may laugh but I have the small 18v Bosch SDS, love it. Weighs nothing, great for fixings plus matches the rest of my tools. Perfectly paired with a big corded SDS.

Bosch GBH 18VLi-CP 1.9kg 1.5Ah Li-Ion Cordless SDS Plus Drill 18V | 3 Function SDS | NoLinkingToThis

Shop about I got mine for ÂŁ230 with a 2x 3.0 batteries and a Bosch bit set.

Hilti TE2A, built like the proverbial, my weapon of choice

Dewalt 18v used to love it but really doesn't like drilling 20mm even with a full batt! Maybe a new drill bit is in order.

I use my Hilti to drill 25mm holes through brick, does it no problem.

My m18 will twizzle through two skins of masonary with a 22mm bit. A sharp hq masonry bit makes a big difference

Mine are getting old, I'll get some new and see if it changes my mind!

Hilti rep told me that the cross tip drills do not drill faster except for reinforced concrete.

Hilti rep told me that the cross tip drills do not drill faster except for reinforced concrete.

Clear dry debris faster so they drill faster.
wet debris they bind up and fill the smaller grooves.

problem with brick its usually wet.

I know where billy comming from some old houses the bricks are sodden.

I'm looking for an 18v DeWalt sds anybody know of any deals at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cordless sds drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock