Search the forum,

Discuss Cordless kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmart

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Looking at suggestions for the best complete cordless kit to buy for installs sick of humphing box after box for drills Etc want it all in the bag was looking at the makita deals but unsure which one to go for

why not just get a dewalt tough system box something like the 300 series should do

Festool kit mostly come in systainers that will stack on top of their dust extractor, all nicely made (at a cost)

Metabo 18v is good. Have their grinder, cordless drill, impact screw gun and led flashlight with 3 batteries including a 5.2 ah one.
Just keep all in a hold all bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy a twin pack with high capacity batteries and then add what you want over time cos I doubt you'll want/use everything that's on offer with those large kits even though you'll be hauling it about.

One thing about the Dewalt 300 system, I have a few of them and they are great for secure storage but they are LARGE by the time you add the trolley.

Buy a twin pack with high capacity batteries and then add what you want over time cos I doubt you'll want/use everything that's on offer with those large kits even though you'll be hauling it about.

One thing about the Dewalt 300 system, I have a few of them and they are great for secure storage but they are LARGE by the time you add the trolley.

dont have the troll just get a normal fold sack truck

Cordless seem to have better deals now, if you are careful to buy them the cheaper way.
Metabo combi 18 volt drill (not brushless) and impact driver kit comes with a couple of 5amp/hr batteries I think, which gets you set up. Then the very good (apparently) Metabo cordless angle grinder is only about ÂŁ100.
If you want you can get Hilti at moment, up to 18th Dec for ÂŁ135+ vat for combi drill or impact drill etc bodies & cases. Still costly because you need batteries and a charger, but you could ask Hilti shop. Two tool bodies also gets you a free tool chest

Lunch? in 30 years I have never ate food at work. Drank loads of tea tho

Lunch? in 30 years I have never ate food at work. Drank loads of tea tho

well thats what i mean :D for all you english folk tea and crumpets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cordless kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it is earthed. The new tap will use flexible tails and so will not be earth bonded. My initial search for information suggests that there is no legal...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock