Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss cooker hoses bayonet and micro in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. buckley plumb

buckley plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

i have been fitting both types of cooker hoses for years but never realy wondered untill today if there is any difference in the gas flow etc throught them.

2. diamondgas

diamondgas Trusted Plumber GSR

Sometimes we just think the strangest of things! The other day I was thinking "I wonder if there's a limit to how many ants I could carry in one hand?" Obviously there is but visualised this big column of ants one on top of the other stretching high into the sky ... hmmmmm!

Good luck in your quest buckley plumb :D I haven't got a clue :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. kirkgas

kirkgas Trusted Plumber GSR

As gas compresses I dont think it would matter as long as the pressure was 20mb in both, but I can't be bothered thinking about it too much cause I'm lying at the pool in 38 degree heat in turkey, with beer in hand

• Like Like x 1
  4. ManchesterGas

ManchesterGas Plumber GSR

Conventional are based on 12mm and micropoint is 10mm if you want to do a calculation.

Micropoint should be ok on anything up to a Range cooker, then I'd use a conventional hose personally.

5. diamondgas

diamondgas Trusted Plumber GSR

Don't let the missus catch you chatting on that flippin forum again, especially on holiday!!!! :rofl:

6. buckley plumb

buckley plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

Been a while now and still not really found if there is a big difference

7. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

On a stnd cooker no you won't find any difference

But on a big range you might find something

8. GH77

GH77 GSR Top Contributor!!

I've tended to fit a micro bore on a dual fuel as you are only supplying gas to the rings, if it's a gas oven or a range then I fit the larger type, never had any issues and not necessarily official advice, just a rule if thumb that works for me.