Search the forum,

Discuss Conversion of gravity fed HW to Y-plan, in North Wales, anyone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, the hot water is scolding hot because the room thermostat is set so high.
The only control over the HW is via the boiler thermostat, which is insufficient.

If a cylinder stat were fitted and the pipework converted to a standard Y-plan system, that ought to fix it.
For the time being, the owner would like to retain his old Potterton boiler, which has recently been serviced.
Btw, I'm helping an elderly relative in Abergele to get his CH upgraded.
I have witnessed 'kettleing' on occasion, so I'm sure the system needs a good flush too.
If anyone local to Abergele is interested in surveying the system and quoting for the upgrade, or has further ideas that might help, please get in touch.

Currently, the hot water is scolding hot because the room thermostat is set so high.
The only control over the HW is via the boiler thermostat, which is insufficient.

If a cylinder stat were fitted and the pipework converted to a standard Y-plan system, that ought to fix it.
For the time being, the owner would like to retain his old Potterton boiler, which has recently been serviced.
Btw, I'm helping an elderly relative in Abergele to get his CH upgraded.
I have witnessed 'kettleing' on occasion, so I'm sure the system needs a good flush too.
If anyone local to Abergele is interested in surveying the system and quoting for the upgrade, or has further ideas that might help, please get in touch.

If if you're still on the lookout please contact me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Conversion of gravity fed HW to Y-plan, in North Wales, anyone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock