Search the forum,

Discuss Convection Stoves/ Radiant Stoves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have a large radiant stove fire in my front room. It's a large sitting room/ diner room.
The thing is, it takes what seems like ages to heat up the room using the stove.
We use that supertherm coal taht's specially made for stoves.

My friend says I've installed the wrong stove as the room is far too big for a radiant stove and that I should have used a convection model.

Has anyone installed a convection fire and are you happy with it?
Does it heat the room up quicker than a radiant stove?

Found a good article on it online.
https://www.greasemonkeydirect.com/...erence-between-a-radiant-and-convection-stove

It turns out that radiant is more like a traditional fire - providing a central heatsource. The stove unit gets very hot and emits heat itself. A bit like a traditional fire.
The convection model sucks in cold air, and circulates it as warm air. The stove itself doesnt get as hot as it's heating the air and not the panels of the stove.

As for which is better for a large room - I can't see that one is correct and the other the wrong choice. But good to know there are two different systems out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Convection Stoves/ Radiant Stoves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock