Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting washing machine to soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am connecting a washing machine in my garage directly to a cast iron soil pipe that connects to the toilet in bathroom above. I have managed to cut a hole in the cast iron pipe and have fitted a 40mm boss adapter to this. My question is can i connect the washing machine connector directly to this or do i need a u bend in between them?

Thanks

You need a trap.... unless you want your clothes smelling of sewer.

Downside to that is that the public will think you're a plumber and every dog you pass will rub itself against you thinking they have found their 'Messiah'

I hope the boss connection has been drilled at a level lower, or near base level of washing machine?
You need to pipe out of the boss and fit a trap and stand pipe, with the top of the stand pipe about 3/4 the height of the machine. You can actually buy an all in one stand pipe with trap

thanks both.

Boss hole is kind of near the top of washing machine...why would this be an issue? Im not drilling another one, it took me bloody hours!

thanks both.

Boss hole is kind of near the top of washing machine...why would this be an issue? Im not drilling another one, it took me bloody hours!

Hole should have been lower, if possible.
You will have to install the trap and then make the clipped stand pipe perhaps about a foot above that at least. Reason for that is the water pumping out needs to get a decent downwards flow before it hits a bend. Normally trap is fairly near to floor level where possible and stand pipe height of 700mm or so from floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting washing machine to soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her washing machine hose and ramming the dishwasher hose into it, held together with masking tape and charged her 200 quid for the privilege of her...
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi All, I'm plumbing in a washing machine into our new house and rather than a normal waste pipe this house just has a hole in the ground. It looks as if the hole used to be a 40mm pipe but it has been sawn off at ground level such that the top of the pipe is flush with the floor tiles. This...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed the waste? The washing machine is only a month old and was working fine this morning before re-positioned. I put an 1100mm hoorizontal run at around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock