Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Connecting two toilets

Discussion in 'Sanitary Ware' started by bevan, Jun 2, 2010.

Discuss Connecting two toilets in the Sanitary Ware area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bevan

bevan Guest

Hi everyone

Can you tell me if it is possible to connect a new toilet to an existing toilet in the adjacent room by using some sort of connecting pipe through the wall between the two toilets and then have the waste from both toilets to go out into one soil pipe, which is attached to the existing toilet. Would this work or would the flush power in the existing toilet be reduced as a result?

Would welcome advice asap

Thank you

2. dontknowitall

dontknowitall Guest

I went to a house where this was the arrangement (not my installment I hasten to add.) Both toilets flush well as expected.

But - one toilet drains as expected but the other sends its waste via the first toilet then down the soil pipe.

From this experience, if I were you I'd have both horizontal soil pipes entering the vertical waste at different levels so there's no chance of waste travelling horizontally.

Also, I have a feeling there's something in the water regs about this situation.

3. bevan

bevan Guest

Thank you v.much dontknowitall - that seems very sound advice

4. TerryH

TerryH Member

Yes, there's definitely guidance in the Water Regs about this;
    they have to be separated by height or angle into the stack. Check it out otherwise you'll have waste chugging back up your pipes, mate!
    :cool:

5. REDSAW

REDSAW Guest

no you cant, it is against b.r the way you describe it.
    i think it has to be 600mm up/down stream from other outlet

6. Blackcatgas

Blackcatgas Plumber GSR

I went out to a new bakery thats just been set up in Colwick to the staff w.cs, 4 toilets, back to back with y shaped tees and no fall in the soil pie as it went straight along horozontaly across the outlets terrible they had never worked properly and were always piled high with muck, They needed it doing sooner than I could fit them in so i couldnt remedy the probb, but i did get 2 delicous loafs and some choclate marble cake mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Marble cake.

7. REDSAW

REDSAW Guest

thanks for thinking of me phil:rolleyes::p:)

i bet they doubled up as a bidet on the other side when one flushd?

8. charliejamesuk

charliejamesuk Guest

I think regarding Water Regs that two WCs can discharge into the Soil Stack at the same level but the connections into the Stack must be opposite each other.

9. andyg0507

andyg0507 Guest

previous post is correct, it is permissable to have connections from two wc's in opposing posstions.

10. Blackcatgas

Blackcatgas Plumber GSR

But doesnt work very well.:)

11. andyg0507

andyg0507 Guest

yes blackcatgas, forgot to mention that bit:):)

12. Harri

Harri New Member

Could you possibly provide a link to this information? I'm having the same problems with some work done.

13. Dotty

Dotty Guest

Would be a much better idea to start a new thread explaining your problem rather than resurrecting a 6 year old thread.