Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting trap to drain stub out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

HKM

Hi all, this is my first post and I am trying to fix a problem left behind by a silly handyman. The kithchen sink p-trap has come off the waste drain spout. I can't figure out how to seal the trap to the drain spot without leakage. There is no thread on the drain spout and if I tighten the ring on end plastic ring on the trap then it simply leaves a gap between the drain spout and trap. Water is falling through this gap and the trap easily pulls off the drain stub out. What is the way to seal the drain stub out to the trap? Is there a sealant to be used or is there a part/washer missing? I have attached two picture, one of the stub out and one of the trap end. Hopefully I am clear in my explanation. Thanks in advance.

drain1.jpg

drain2.jpeg

You need to remove the black rubber washer in the trap if you look deep down you will see it

Slide the nut onto the pipe
Then the plastic washer
Then the rubber seal

Then seat the trap full into the waste pipe and push the nut washer and seal to the face of the threades and tighten the nut

You need to remove the black rubber washer in the trap if you look deep down you will see it

Slide the nut onto the pipe
Then the plastic washer
Then the rubber seal

Then seat the trap full into the waste pipe and push the nut washer and seal to the face of the threades and tighten the nut

Thank you! Going to give this a go.

Not sure why this is the “silly handyman’s” fault

Reply to Connecting trap to drain stub out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock