Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting to an Elson Coral Si? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Solarben84

Hi,

I have an elson coral Si thermal store. I need to be able to connect into it for the hot flow for a direct solar panel. The return will tee onto an extension of the drain cock. I will take a length of copper up to the top of the cylinder and tee the return on there.

I just can't figure out how to tee in the flow? Someone suggested an essex flange but I don't know how I would be able to get inside the store to tighten it up?

Has anyone had any experience of adding a teeing in point to a cylinder / store that seemingly won't let me?

Many thanks
Ben

the essex flange is designed so you dont have to get inside your cylinder. its a clever washer with a split in it. you will see when you buy it!!
your intention seems interesting, however you asked about the flange. there is your answer!!

good luck
shaun

Thanks Shaun,

When I have looked at diagrams of the essex flange it looks to have two nuts that tighten to form a seal but I'm not sure how 1)I get it inside and 2)How I tighten it to form the seal.

Sorry for ignorance but if you could explain a little about how it works then that would be a massive help.

Thanks,
Ben

You usually drill a tight hole. Then sort of screw and twist the bottom half of the essex flange into the cylinder, all the time keeping hold of a piece of wire slipped through the flange so it doesn't drop inside. You then pull the wire and flange forward so the threads are sticking out of the hole, then you put the washer and top half of the flange onto the threads.

It may sound awkward to do, but its pretty obvious what you have to do when you get the flange itself. Just make sure your nerves are steady and don't rush. You've got to be spot on or they leak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting to an Elson Coral Si? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock