Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting S outlet toilet pan to soil pipe ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am looking at replacing an old toilet it has a ceramic S outlet that goes into the soil pipe which comes up through the floor with the collar sticking just above the floor I would like to replace it with the same type of pan will a straight pan connector be ok to use in this situation has anyone done a similar job recently? my worry is that a pan connector will sit to high out of the soil pipe and the pan will not sit on the floor properly the old pan appears to be sealed into the soil pipe with putty? filling the collar of the soil pipe and acting as a seal! I would be grateful for any advice thanks in advance,

Welcome! It depends what the material of the soil pipe is that comes up through the floor, to what options you have. On clay sewer pipe like that, I cut it flush or lower than floor and fit an extension Multiwik type fitting which will let the 90 degree pan fitting go into if a horizontal pan (normal pan nowadays). Or the extension will suit an S pan with also a straight Multiwik

Hi thank you for the reply the top of the soil pipe collar sits just 2 inches above the floor boards so I am hoping that the actual" Pipe" is below floor level enough for me to sit a straight pan connector into it and it wont be any higher as looking at the S pan outlet it seems to be about an inch higher than the bottom of the pan I suppose the safer option would be a horizontal outlet pan and a 90degree connector where I could tailor the length to suit but I would rather use the S pan as it will be a like for like replacement! thanks again for taking the time to reply

You still will have the option of using an extension if the soil pipe was lower and you fitted an S pan.
The toilet connectors or extensions are designed to fit the "actual" 4 inch pipe. If you have to keep the collar you could use a short piece of 4" pipe for to adapt from your pan fitting to the collar. The pipe cutting can be sealed with various sealants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting S outlet toilet pan to soil pipe ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock